The Universe and Your Soul

The Universe and Your Soul

A Poem by lydie

Your soul is very much like the universe.
There is mostly space and dark energy.
Unexplored and black.
There are stars.
Bright, happy, and like a candle in a power outage at night.
Those stars sometimes collapse, tearing a hole in the Universe.
Life sucking, angry, sad, and very black holes that sucks up all of the light left in you, inescapable and dangerous.
There is life in you, like on Earth.
Hopeful, but hopeless.
There is pollution in you too.
Clouding your thoughts, slowly and slowly destroying the atmosphere and environment.
 The Universe expanding very quickly, now retracting slowly.
Lonely, in your own shell and world. Imagination when you were young, expanding very fast as you thought more and more, but as you get older you only look to reality.
Your soul is a lot like the Universe. When you were born, the Big Bang. When you die, the Universe in you collapses.

© 2014 lydie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Here I am!
So. Not taking anything from this poem, it is gorgeous. The allegory of the Soul and the Universe being one and the same is a marvelous one. In many aspects, things can get so little and grow so big that thinking that little universe exists in the human eyeball, or that this entire vast universe is just a little sphere inside a Market stall-- It's really immersing and impressive a thought to have.

But-- I wouldn't call this a positive poem!
I mean, it's grand and enthralling. But also very sad.
It speaks of the ending that cannot be avoided, and the collapsing of the soul.
But anything good must come to an end..

Thanks for the poem friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago


lydie

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing and for the compliment. It is not necessarily a happy poem but not really sa.. read more
Interesting write, especially for one so young, (ten you say?) Would that the students I teach, (who are somewhat older than you, had such an understanding of the way it all works.

Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


lydie

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! Sorry it took so long to comment on your review, something was wrong with m.. read more
Wow. Very powerful images you used! So true...."as you get older, you only look to reality".

To remain human, we need to always maintain our childlike curiosity, and not allow what happens in life to cloud our judgement.

Inspired poetry!

Posted 8 Years Ago


lydie

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing!
Ah, so insightful! An intriguing piece indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fantastic write! Really enjoyed the comparison you used!
Very creative and well thought out, thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a very deep poem an interesting thought thank you for sharing it was a pleasure to read

Posted 9 Years Ago


Reflecting imagery, and delicate descriptions as smart as the brush tip of a magic wand.

The content in this poem style is a masterpiece that every serious writer in this writing network should read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is absolutely amazing, great piece of work you have here. Thank you for an excellent read.

Best,

Laurara Monique

( http://lauraramargosian.com/ )

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I appreciate the review.
Wow, *Mind Blown* For a person of your age, This are truely wise words
Wonderful Poem, One of the best of relating the universe that I have seen
Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
This is a truly great piece! For someone so young, you are quite an advanced writer! It never even occurred to me that the universe could be related to our souls. I'm stunned, you really just blew my mind with this one! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the compliments!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

742 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014

Author

lydie
lydie

MN



About
Hello, I am 11 years old and I absolutely love animals! I love ice-cream, Nicktoons TV shows, Animal Planet, I love cooking too. I also love writing (of course)! I mainly write fiction. I also love p.. more..

Writing
Same Old Same Old

A Poem by lydie


The Seasons The Seasons

A Poem by lydie


Sky Wings Sky Wings

A Book by lydie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Eternity" "Eternity"

A Poem by Valentine


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by Cool Girl