King Of The Dogs

King Of The Dogs

A Poem by Indra's Child
"

★About how capitalism has ruined the world.★

"
Asphalt pours into road under melting rubber tires-
A horse with ribs like bars on a prison cell walks lazily under the suns oppression. 
Many people work for peanuts, unhinged cringes at the laughing ones working for bread.
Breathe in the road.
Its toxic, Intoxicating-Carcinogenic party.
Many creatures join, all are affected-
Effected, infected, infesting,
We, the Infiltrating,
We, the defectors.
Strange trees found with metal detectors.
So life-like, in the midst of such a living, impenetrable, desert.
A look now and then doesn't define all we've done to this native land..
You cannot see everything from the window of a double-decker luxury trucker,
So you run with the streets, the people, the majority of your own minority, with a choice: my words; My voice!
Terrestrial dies, the city cries!
As it leaks into the water supply...
Flying, lying, fleeing, creeping,
Its iron teeth sink into the soft sand flesh...
Drooling in cement, sweating gasoline,
Dreaming in color, dripping in the blood of the commoner, the everyman.
Its bones, skeletal metal, with glass scars on brick skin and painted tattoos.
Dotted with the unlucky, the disadvantaged, the different and the depressed.
Upon the Avenue Telegraph, raining radio waves, surface surfing, eating crack.
Because you can run with the dying in the marathon of Monsanto mobsters, or you can crawl with the rats, societal monsters.
I know I do.
Rats are lawless; feral at worst, free at best.
Avoid the traffic above, authority figures, corporate enigma, vehicular stigma- running over old dreams and plastic s**t, to which even the dogs won't commit- It makes me sick!
To think of all the kids institutionalized.
It makes me pissed! To think of all the middle class suburbanites who've wasted their lives.
It makes me tired, to think of all the wasted money for hidden weaponry, the difference being the tower can sleep at night...
It makes me laugh! In sad agony because if you don't laugh you cry, of this law we were all taught in every school lie until it's ingrained itself in every crevice, crack, and caveat of the hidden, subconscious mind where still, in time,
Everlasting, it will stay, Milestone after milestone, day after day!
Can you look at the violence and the covert hatred and STILL, under one god pray?!
I pledge allegiance to my own sovereign state, abiding by my own fate!
And I hold hope others do the same.

© 2022 Indra's Child


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Is the USA as we know it dying from the inside out? That's quite a nightmare for the whole world.
I got a feel of (yet another) Cassandra type write that portends the worst scenario to come but nobody is listening any longer.

Absolutely loved this -
"Terrestrial dies, the city cries! As it leaks into the water supply... " -
I enjoyed this - scary as feck but enjoyable!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indra's Child

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your reviews! I don't get many so this is pretty awesome. Needed the confidence today... read more



Reviews

Is the USA as we know it dying from the inside out? That's quite a nightmare for the whole world.
I got a feel of (yet another) Cassandra type write that portends the worst scenario to come but nobody is listening any longer.

Absolutely loved this -
"Terrestrial dies, the city cries! As it leaks into the water supply... " -
I enjoyed this - scary as feck but enjoyable!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indra's Child

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your reviews! I don't get many so this is pretty awesome. Needed the confidence today... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 2, 2022

Author

Indra's Child
Indra's Child

Oakland, CA



About
I just want to wake up from the dream. "Hi. It's me. I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I imagine you can also feel me. You won't have to search for me anymore. I'm done running. Done hid.. more..

Writing