No Measure of Health...

No Measure of Health...

A Poem by Indra's Child
"

Some words that I'd like to put to some music..

"

It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society, but what do I care?

Another theory and another wall there for me to punch holes in, but why are they there?

Trying to ignore the fact that every time someone talks to me they're just f*****g brainwashed or trying to brainwash me

It really still mental to question authority even after they've tried to kill you?

I mean, really, after some drunk cop tries to run you over and claim it's your fault? Does it make sense to have a bit of trust issues after your food has toxic waste in the ingredient list?! Does it make sense that every pharmaceutical drug you could be prescribed can also KILL YOU??!! But I guess they can give you something for that, too- something that'll get rid of paranoia while simultaneously rotting out your womb, giving you migraines, and possibly maybe just might be (but it won't be viable in a court of law we can tell you that much in the state of Michigan, California, or Bumfuck Arkansas or wherever the f**k you are, and we can deal with threats of lawsuit like that) the cause of death, as long as it gets rid of your paranoia.

But I digress.
Trying to make it in a 9-5 suckup position under your boss making 79 cents to every dollar men make, brainwashed into thinking your only way to relax is to go on some medication that'll drown out your kid screaming when he goes off HIS meds and the dog barking begging to be fed and the sound of your other kid, maybe Tina- Tina's college fund being spent, and the car breaking down and your husband leaving town and another leak in the basement can you believe the goddamned rent?

But whatever.

Maybe sometimes in life you just have to let things go like that flaming car I just saw speed off a bridge. It did not explode and I'm dissapointed. I wanted it to be like RealD, but in real life. So like, reality. But I guess life isn't fair, and we can't get everything we want now can we? Well, anyway, as long as I still have MY college fund leftover from that time Bush gave everyone $300, I was like 7 or something when that happened and I think I spent it all since then... well anyway, as long as I still have this backpack with everthing I love inside of it- oh wait, nevermind- well, as long as I still have this pack of Newport lights I stole from this bitchy old lady on the sidewalk, she was too busy being dead and ignoring me to notice as I- oh wait I've lost those too.

It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society, but what do I care?

Another theory and another wall there for me to punch holes in, but why are they there?

Trying to ignore the fact that every time someone talks to me they're just f*****g brainwashed or trying to brainwash me

It really still mental to question authority even after they've tried to kill you?

Okay maybe I was the one that was drunk but does it matter??!!

It's the car's fault for not exploding anyway!!!!!

© 2018 Indra's Child


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on January 1, 2018
Last Updated on January 1, 2018

Author

Indra's Child
Indra's Child

Oakland, CA



About
I just want to wake up from the dream. "Hi. It's me. I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I imagine you can also feel me. You won't have to search for me anymore. I'm done running. Done hid.. more..

Writing