Chapter 7: Something Amiss

Chapter 7: Something Amiss

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 7 of Burning Shadows

"

Thomas was sitting at the local diner on Courascant. He was having a large pizza, a food that had become trendy across the galaxy during the last year. Even though it was a food on Earth for the last 300 years or so. As he was eating his last slice, he noticed a skirmish going on by the counter. A robed figure was hassling the serving droid and the owner had come out to try and stop anything from happening. It started out as a verbal argument, then things got dangerous when the robed figure shot force lightning out of his hand. Thomas jumped straight up out of his seat and activated one of his lightsabers right next to the figures neck.
“Sir, I am positive that there can be some sort of peaceful solution to this problem.”
“Your peace, Jedi?” The figure turned and used a force push on Thomas and knocked him back against the wall. Thomas regained enough focus to notice the strange figure run out the side door. He chased after him, having to shove a few people out of the way using the force to do so, then made his way to the streets. He chased the strange figure through many different crowds and shopping areas. When he finally caught up to him, the figure whirled around and ignited a lightsaber. Thomas just barely managed to use a force-jump to dodge the attack, then grabbed his two lightsabers from his hilt. His opponent used a curved lightsaber hilt, but held his blade backwards so that the beam was behind his back. The blade was colored red. A lightsaber color that Thomas had never seen before. He lunged forward, but the figure jumped out of the way and over the edge of the guardrail that separated the ship traffic from normal walking traffic. Thomas quickly jumped over the edge in pursuit, and landed right on top of a passing ship. He managed to work his way through the maze of fast moving cars using the force to sense the vehicles and timing his jumps with relative ease. He caught up to his opponent once again and didn't wait until his opponent lashed out at him. The two of them went back and forth with their lightsabers from vehicle to vehicle. Thomas seemed to have the upper hand, until the strange figure landed on top of a ship, then vanished inside a porthole. As Thomas landed on top of the same ship, it did a barrel roll and shook him off. Thomas kicked himself as he fell onto a slow moving delivery ship for falling for an obvious trap. And he kicked himself even more when he realized he forgot to make a mental note of what the vehicle's license plate number was or what the vehicle make was.


“A red lightsaber you say, Padawan Watson?”
“Yes my lord. The figure wielded a red lightsaber and wore a hood. He jumped onto a ship that was about five yards wide and 10 yards long. My lord, I think that we should investigate this more deeply.”
“Agree with my apprentice I do, Chancellor Sempti.” Thomas and Elzan were in the office of the Supreme Chancellor under orders from the Jedi Council. They believed that something like this should be alerted to the state.
“We will take no action Master Elzan.” The Chancellor said. “That is exactly what the Sith Knights would want us to do.”
“The Sith Knights? Not to be rude you honor, but I don't think they are the type of people to lash out in public.”
“That's just what they want you to think!” The Chancellor snapped. “If they really wish for peace, then they should stop hiding in the shadows, avoiding the law. They just think they are so powerful, but they won't succeed. I will ignore them for the time being. But if they act again, I will issue an arrest warrant for any known member of the Sith Knights!”
“But my lord....!”
“Enough, my Padawan. Take our leave, we shall.” Thomas was about to protest, but Elzan gave him a look telling him to let it go.
“Yes Master.”
“Thank you we do, for your time Chancellor Sempti.”
“Yes, yes. Thank you Master Elzan.”



“Master, why did you just shrug off this issue and let the Chancellor have his way?! This needs to be investigated immediately!”
“Right you are, my Padawan. But have power over the Jedi Council, the Chancellor does. Patient, we must be. Let the Sith Knights handle the investigation, we will.” Thomas had a look of confusion on his face.
“Master, wouldn't doing something like that give the Chancellor the reason he is looking for to issue an arrest warrant? And besides, if the Sith Knights are afraid that they have been infiltrated by Sith Lords, don't you think that knowing the search is going on, and that they would lay low and find ways to get the Sith Knights in trouble in the Chancellors eyes?” Elzan pondered this for a few minutes, then made his way over to the Jedi Archives. Thomas followed him, but at the doors, Elzan said,
“Wait for me in my room, you will. Research something I must.”
“Of course Master.” Thomas said. He turned to go to Elzan's room, but he saw Master Kenobi standing right behind him, with a look that seemed very annoyed.
“Something I can help you with Master?” Thomas asked.
“The Council wishes to see you for some reason. Follow me.” Thomas followed, and was led into the Council meeting room. He stood in the center and several masters entered the room. One of those Jedi's was Master Yenzin. He started off the meeting by sounding off the other Masters. As soon as that was complete he said,
“Padawan Watson, you have been brought here today because we believe that you are ready for the final test to become a Jedi Knight. Possibly even a Jedi Master one day.” Thomas was shocked. But also slightly confused.
“Master...I am honored. But if I am not mistaken, isn't the Master the one who declares a Padawan ready for the final test?”
“Yeah, he's right! After all, he shouldn't deserve to be a Jedi Knight!” Master Kenobi shouted out.
“Master Kenobi, we understand your vendetta against Earth, but we here on the Council still think that your ideals are racist and outdated. Just please stay out of this decision.” Master Kenobi sank deeper into his chair, slightly annoyed. Master Yenzin stood up to say something when the door opened.
“Requested you for the test, I did Padawan.” Thomas turned around and found Master Elzan standing right behind him.
“Elz...I mean Master, are you sure about this?”
“Rising again, the Sith Lords are I fear. All the help we can get, we need. This way, grow stronger in the force you will, and train Padawans of your own, you will. Alongside that, more allies into the Jedi Order, we will gain.” Thomas was a bit surprised, but it did make sense to him a little bit.
“Strength in numbers, correct Master?”
“Correct you are, my young Padawan. Now, prepare for the test you must.” Thomas was excused from the Council room to prepare for the test the next day. As he sat in his room, he looked out the window. It was a clear and beautiful day, with blue skies and fluffy white clouds as far as the eye could see. He felt at peace here. He didn't care about the test. He lost himself in his thoughts about the beauty of the sky and that it seemed impossible for something like this to last this long without turning gray from pollution. Thomas then thought of how his dream to be a Jedi seemed like it was going to be short lived. How he nearly flunked out of school at a young age, and how he even turned down a job offer from the Jedi Council itself. Now, it seemed like there was nothing that could stop him. He sat down on his bed with a big smile, and called up Michal to tell him the news.

“Dude! That is awesome! Congrats man!” Michal yelled over the phone.
“Don't congratulate me yet man. I still have to pass the test first.”
“Oh come on man. Don't tell me that some jerk by the name of, oh, I don't know, Jackson is saying that you will lose again.” They both started cracking up. They talked a bit about life and what was going on since they had seen each other (apart from todays news of course), and then said their goodbyes. Thomas used the force to put the phone away when he sensed a presence at his door.
“Come in Master Elzan. Please.” The door slid open and Elzan walked in and sat himself down on the guest chair.
“Like brothers, you and your friend seem to be.”
“We both grew up together Master Elzan. We had each others backs the whole way through our life.”
“Important that is to a friendship that is. Perhaps one day, become your student he will.”
“My student?! Not to question anything Master, but isn't it considered a risk for a Jedi Master to take in somebody they already know very well as a Padawan?”
“True that is, but I believe that if trust, the Master and the Padawan have from the beginning, more effective and beneficial the training is. Time will tell what lies ahead for the council, but for now, wait and prepare we will. The Sith Lords will come to us. In their nature, it is. Patience, we must have.”
“Of course Master.” Thomas said. Master Elzan took his leave, and Thomas stared out the window again for a long time, until he realized it, he was fast asleep.



“Your agent nearly blew everything to the Jedi Council today! It was almost alerted to the state! What was that fool doing fighting a Jedi in public?!”
“Calm down. As far as the Jedi and the state know, it was a rouge Sith Knight. We don't have to worry. Our numbers are growing, and with our parasite inside the Sith Knights, we will gain more and more followers in time for the day of reckoning. I trust that you have prepared the the scapegoat?”
“Yes you fool yes. Just keep your end of the bargain.”
“But of course. The outer rim territories will be taken over and ruled us and we don't receive any resistance from the Jedi or the Republic.”
“I'm beginning to think that you won't stop there.”
“Maybe, maybe not. But do you really want to start a war now? After generations of peace?!”
“...no...”



© 2014 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Here's this weeks chapter! Let me know what you think with a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww yeah the story is going strong now, I am loving it the plot is building nicely.
Sorry couldnt review your work for a long time, but as they say better late than never. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Miles W.

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review man! Anything you want me to read?
New Theory

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :).................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, sci-fi, parody


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.