Chapter 22- Time of Planning

Chapter 22- Time of Planning

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 22 of Vector of the Heavens

"

 All the ships with survivors of Unto made their way to the Bird Islands and docked at the port. There was chaos like nothing anybody had seen before. Guards trying to stop the onslaught of people, government officials trying to make sure this wasn't some kind of invasion scheme, and people scrambling to get off the cramped ship. Link was trying to help get families onto shore, Riku was yelling at government officials, Jackson was making sure people weren't falling into the water, it was just chaos every direction you turned. Link saw a small child fall onto the docks, and he had to draw his sword to get people to turn away from him and to keep them from trampling the child. He picked up the child and helped him on his way. As he made his way to the shore, he heard a loud explosion in the sky. Looking up he saw Traito flying and having casted an explosion spell to get everybody's attention.
“PEOPLE OF THE BIRD ISLANDS! WE COME IN PEACE, AND HAVE REFUGEES FROM UNTO. THEIR LAND WAS DESTROYED TODAY BY UNDEAD SOLDIERS! PLEASE, WE MEAN NO TROUBLE. THESE PEOPLE JUST NEED A PLACE TO STAY UNTIL THEY FIND A NEW HOME!” As soon as he finished his sentence, the guards stopped trying to fight back, but rather started helping people get to shore. When the government officials tried to stop them, they were just pushed aside like loose branches. Once everybody was put to shore, communications were sent through magic to each of the major countries to let them know what had happened. During this time, Link and company stayed on the ship so that homes and inns could be used to help the survivors. When Aqua and Riku got back, he told them how he came in possession of the Sky Sword and why Aqua was able to wield it.
“Wait a minute, that doesn't add up.” Said Aqua. “I am not apart of your family. So how could I have wielded the sword in the first place?”
“Beats me Aqua. I think that it was just getting to the temple where the sword rested is all that mattered as far as lineage. But, wouldn't that have meant that Riku should have been able to enter the gate? I mean, he is my ancestor after all.”
“No, you said that you only became apart of the failsafe family when you married Malon. And I was still dead at the time. But enough of that. What matters is that we have the sword, and that it gives us an edge against Demise. With that said, I think we should stop talking about magical swords and get back on task with magical gates. Our plans haven't changed. We get to the gate, we get back to the observatory, we get out Guardian powers back, and we defeat Demise. It makes the most sense as of right now.”
“Wait, did you forget that another war is about to start because of Malendor? We need to make sure there is peace for the nations before worrying about the rouge god and your powers. Maybe we should inform them of the travesty that has happened here today and let them in on the threat of Demise. Then we could have an army capable of stopping Demise if necessary. I mean, it makes sense, right?” The group pondered this for a few minutes, then Traito spoke up.
“How about the two Guardians go find the gate and get all this magical stuff figured out, while the mortals in our company get in contact with Hylia and Xelador and let them know about the true enemy. That way, every angle is covered. You two get your powers back and come back with an army, while we go talk peace and come back with an army. Happy?” Everybody seemed to agree, so Riku and Aqua got their gear together and set out for the next gate was located. Link and Traito got up and went to the helm of the ship and told Morgan their plan.
“All right lads, I'll run it by the captain real quickly. Then we will make sure we don't have any leftover survivors, as well as make sure we don't leave anybody on the island.” Morgan ran off, found the captain, then came back and told them it wouldn't be until about nightfall when they could cast off so that they could re-stock supplies since they went through just about all of them helping the survivors. So they went to the chambers and rested up until nightfall. Link looked out the window and thought of how far he had come since he left Galor. Now he was going to go to be a diplomat to two of the biggest countries in the world to try and stop an even greater evil than the thousand year war. But then his mind wandered to Malon, and the ranch. He missed the ranch, but he missed Malon even more. As he looked out, he remembered what Aqua tried to make him do the other day, and shuddered. Then he just fell asleep.



“So, tell me Natrit. Is it true, Elitrian...is...?”
“Dead my lord. We couldn't find his body. Or anything related to his clothing or weapons at all. One of our dead soldiers we mind-probed saw a flash of light, then nothing.”
“No...they found the sword! This complicates things. We must move quickly. I will have to order Malendor's invasion immediately. Prepare the soul reapers! For we shall have more souls from the battlefield soon.”
“Yes my lord.” Natrit stepped out of the room, leaving Demise to his anger.
“I promise you brother....REVENGE!”



© 2016 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Okay, another late update, I know, but I have a life, alright?!
Please tell me what you think with a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 15, 2016
Tags: fantasy, adventure


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.