Chapter 15- Remembrance

Chapter 15- Remembrance

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 15 of Star Wars Burning Shadows

"
Thomas woke up to a slightly rainy morning.  This concerned him because the wedding was supposed to take place during the late afternoon.  He got up and checked his phone to look at the weather predictions.  According to the radar, it was supposed to be clear by the time the ceremony took place.  He smiled at this information, got dressed, and headed down to the council meeting.  He got inside, listened to the latest reports about how the planets were starting to finally come around after all this time, and how the Sith seemed to be falling back in a way.  After the meeting was done, he headed over to the hangar to meet up with some of the Jedi's coming back from battle.  He saw Michal's ship come in for landing and get repaired by some of the service droids.  He hopped out and walked over to Thomas and gave him a big hug.
"Yeesh.  You act like you haven't seen me for 20 years man.  Something happen?"
"Yeah, first I'll give you my bad news, considering the other bad news isn't so bad."
"What happened?  Tell me!"
"My teammate, Vorte, was killed in action.  Blaster got him.  I, just...jeez.  I've lost people in the past, but it seems like it's becoming a habit."
"We lost Vorte?"  Thomas fell silent for a few minutes.  "Well, what other bad news do you have for me?"
"That would be myself old friend."  Thomas turned and saw Michal missing an arm.
"Holy cow man!  What the heck happened to you?"
"Jackson happened.  He was one of the few Sith Lords at the battlefield.  He picked me out, probably because of what happened back at the Academy.  He sliced my arm off, and was about to impale me when Master Kenobi pushed him back with the force.  The scumbag got away without a scratch though.  That really ticks me off."
"Hey, it ticks me off to man, but I think the first course of action we need to do is getting you a new arm."
"Nah, I kind of like having only one arm.  It makes me look cooler!"
"It also leaves you vulnerable during battle.  I've got a cyborg leg, and I'm not complaining."
"That's because you would look like an idiot just hopping around on one leg all the time.  Me, I look like some RPG character or something like that!"  They both laughed, then made their way to the medical bay.
"I told you man, I don't need this."
"Hey Michal, want to hear an idea?"
"What's that?"
"Let's get you a new arm." Thomas said this while waving his hand in front of Michal's face."
"Great idea.  Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner."  They both laughed, argued back and forth, but in the end, Michal went in to get his new arm.  Thomas decided to stay with Michal while they got his new arm put on.
"Dude, can't believe Faith is getting married today."
"Yeah.  It's a huge step for her.  I'm excited."
"You sure you aren't confusing that with jealousy?"  Michal said sarcastically.
"Oh grow up."  They both started laughing profusely again, while the droid continued to work on Michal's arm.
"So, how long did it take you to get used to your new leg?  It's been what, five years now since you got it?"
"Around there, yeah.  But this situation is better for you because you don't have to re-learn how to walk.  You just learn how to make your new arm respond to everything.  I mean, it's not ideal, but a bit easier."
"Man, so much has changed in the past few years."
"No kidding.  I never would have imagined that my Padawan would become a knight so quickly."
"You did."
"True, but the war had just started and they needed all the help they could get.  I mean, sure it was difficult, but Olisan did it like he was born to do it."
"Guess we all have our own strengths and weaknesses man.  Maybe that's why Olisan got a blue lightsaber.  He's been more a man of action than a man of patience."
"I guess.  Wish his profile mentioned that before I picked him."
"You going to have a new Padawan anytime soon?"
"Not likely.  I've gotten orders to return to the front lines in a few days.  I'm going to be taking command of an invasion against one of the few Sith controlled planets we haven't taken back yet."
"Please tell me it's not Cetena."
"The same."
"Oh boy, you're in for a tough time."
"I know.  Three attempts to take the planet back, each of them failed.  I just hope that fortune will be on our side this time around."
"Me too, for your sake."  There was a bit of a silence as the two of them just sat awkwardly and reflected on everything until the droid finished.  Michal got up, flexed his arm back and forth a bit, then clenched his fist.
"I feel so awesome right now."
"You aren't some super hero now.  Just stay focused."
"I will destroy you for your insolence."  Michal said in a robotic voice.  They both laughed yet again, then made their way over to the cafeteria, grabbed some lunch, then headed back to their own quarters.
"See you tonight man!"
"See you then!"


Thomas got out his best dress for this occasion.  He walked up to the upper gardens only used for occasions like this one.  He got onto one of the elevators and held it open as a few other Jedi got on as well.  As they reached the top, Thomas saw several Jedi and friends from Earth and the Jedi Academy there, all hanging out and having a good time.  He used the force to grab himself a drink, and walked over to the balcony where his mother was and put his hand on her shoulder.
"You've been holding out on me young man.  This view is remarkable!"
"Hey, this is my first time seeing it as well.  Can't say it wasn't worth the wait though."
"I just can't believe Faith is getting married today.  It feels like so long ago that we were neighbors, watching each other grow up.  And here we are now.  Life goes by so quickly."
"Mom, it's only been about 6 years since we left Earth."
"That long?  I'm amazed we didn't get away from there sooner."  They both started cracking up, then each went to talk to different people.  Thomas had just finished talking to one of his old Academy instructors when he saw Faith and her husband-to-be standing out on the furthest point sticking out from the garden.  the sun was setting right in front of them, so their bodies were silhouetted.  Thomas couldn't hear what they were saying, but they both seemed quite happy as they shared a kiss together.  Thomas smiled, and decided to not intrude on their moment.  He had gotten over his feelings for her many years ago, but still kept an eye out for her out of the fact that despite what happened in the past, they were still friends.  And he wouldn't change that for the world.  He remembered how he felt when he saw her at the university all those years ago, and how ridiculous he felt now when he thought about it.  He grabbed some more drink and laughed a bit more at this realization.  When somebody asked him if he was doing all right, he would just respond saying,
"I just feel old man."

The ceremony was quite beautiful.  First, the bride would walk in with a few younglings holding her cape up from the ground.  The groom followed in suit, with Jedi Warriors igniting their lightsabers straight up, like pillars to the sky.  When they both reached the alter, the priest stepped up and made his speech.
"I stand before you here today, to bear witness to the union of two souls that have found each other and wish to spend eternity with one another.  Marriage is something that brings to light a special connection that the two have shared for a long time.  A connection only found in those who would do anything for the other.  As time goes on, when cities rise and fall, and days change to weeks, and weeks to months, and months to years, this connection will still glow as bright as the sun.  May I have the two join hands?"  The two of them clasped hands together, and a sphere of light surrounded their joined hands, all a special effect from the special stones in the rings that work only once.
"The state of marriage is more that just a ceremony.  It is a public confirmation of a private pledge between these two unique and special people.  It is something that nothing can break.  From now to the end of all things living and beyond."  Everybody started clapping, the two kissed, and then everybody cheered.  As they came back down the aisle, the Jedi Warriors extended their lightsabers to form a tunnel.  Very similar to military weddings centuries ago on Earth.  As they left, everybody gave them their wishes and happiness.  They got into a special transport ship and took off.  The council let them have two weeks to enjoy their time together before returning to duty.  They only were allowed to go to Naboo, but Thomas knew, to them, it would be the best few weeks of their lives.  As people left one by one, Thomas stayed behind to help clean up.  As he looked around, he found it hard to realize that this place used to be full of laughing people, and celebrations.  Now it was quiet except for the few that remained.  As he looked around, he had never felt more happy and more old at the same time before in his life.

As the ship exited the field of orbit, the ship made the jump into hyperdrive.
"I just can't believe that happened just then."
"Don't worry my young apprentice.  It is only a matter of time now."
"I refuse to wait Darth Miyata.  I want to kill that fool now!"
"Patience Darth Almur.  The time will come.  You will kill him, and she will be yours."
"Patience?  Patience is not the Sith way my lord.  Sith strike, not sit back and mope around."
"Well that's what you are exactly going to do.  Put your anger aside for now my boy.  Let it grow, and when the time is right, unleash it!  And they will know your true power!"
"How much longer will we wait?"
"Our agents still have work to do.  In time, we will be victorious."
"Fine."


© 2014 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
A new chapter! Yay! Please tell me what you think with a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh yeah, the dialogues are crisp. The progression is definitely visible. You are going great. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, sci-fi, parody


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.