Episode 2: Chapter 12: Rush

Episode 2: Chapter 12: Rush

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

The season finale of Episode 2

"

Jacob knocked on the door to his father’s chambers, and he answered a few seconds later letting him in.

            “Something wrong Jacob?”

            “No, nothing is wrong father. I was just wondering, is there anybody else who is apart of the plan you spoke to me of yesterday?” Jacob’s father fell silent, walked over to the door and locked it, quickly changing the password. He walked over to him and sat down on a nearby chair.

            “There are a good number of people who rank lower than I do in the Order who wish to overthrow Mortem. I would daresay on this base alone, we have about two thousand members of our revolution. And that doesn’t even include some of our many other operations around the world.”

            “So compared to the size of the Order who is loyal to Mortem, what would you say the number difference is between us and them?”

            “I would say for every soldier loyal to the revolution, there are another twenty soldiers loyal to Mortem.”

            “I’m not a big fan of those odds to be perfectly honest.”

            “That’s why you are such an important piece. As a member of Mortem’s high council, you are now the highest-ranking member of the revolution. And when you receive the power that Mortem has promised you, we can rally behind you as our strongest member, and take the world as our own.”

            “I see. I would like to meet some of these members. Today if possible.”

            “I don’t see why not. You did just become a lord, and you should know who you should save and who you should let die in a battle situation. I’ll start spreading the word around. We shall meet in the western wing in about three hours.”

            “That works perfectly for me. See you in a few hours then?”

            “Of course. Aurora! Start sending out messages! There are a few members I need to tell personally.” As he said this, Jacob’s father left the room leaving Jacob and his mother there all alone.

            “Tell me mother, are you loyal to him, to Mortem, or to another?” Aurora looked up at Jacob slightly confused.

            “Where is this coming from?”

            “Just answer the question.”

            “Well, I’m loyal to both Mortem and your father, but honestly I would like to be free from both of them.”

            “That’s all I needed to hear.” Jacob said as he handed her a piece of paper. “Hangar bay, three hours and thirty minutes from now. Be there or we leave without you.” With that said, Jacob left the room leaving Aurora confused. Looking down at the paper, she saw that Jacob had written, “We leave tonight during the chaos. Either choose father’s revolution, Mortem’s Order, of freedom.” Aurora looked over to her desk, and then pulled out a small picture of them all as a family together from a long time ago. She smiled, put it away and grabbed two shields from her closet and started preparing them for battle.

 

 

 

 

Miles was a bit slow to get up since he was awake until late last night playing video games with Blake. As he rolled out of bed, he saw that Natalie was already awake and playing a few games on her Scroll.

            “Morning fearless leader.” Miles said as he threw on an old t-shirt.

            “He lives! It’s a miracle!” Natalie yelled as she paused her game and got up.

            “Where’s everybody else at?”

            “They all went to grab a late lunch.”

            “Lunch? Was I out for that long?”

            “Yep. The final between you and Yang is going to be in about four hours from now. Everybody else is just trying to relax in the cafeteria before everything goes completely haywire.”

            “And you didn’t join them?”

            “I decided to be the one person that was around when you woke up. That way when you did wake up, you wouldn’t think we had abandoned you and you would go eat on your own again like last month.”

            “Hey, like I said back then, I was going to miss all the good stuff in the cafeteria so I took it into my own hands. But also, why you? Why not your brother or Blake for that matter?”

            “Well for starters, my brother is busy giving Yang one of I’m sure many pep talks before her fight with you tonight, and secondly, Blake decided that it would be best to not be here to avoid another “sleeping incident” like the one that happened last night.” Miles pinched his forehead at that remark, remembering how his friends walked in on Blake and him both asleep having played video games late into the night, and Blake had fallen asleep on Miles’ knee with him having his hand on her head smiling.

            “Yeah, we aren’t living that one down anytime soon.”

            “You’ll live it down sooner than you two totally admit you’re dating.”

            “You know what Natls…” Miles said with an annoyed smirk. Natalie simply laughed and headed towards the cafeteria, with Miles following close behind.

 

 

 

 

As Lord Mortem went over some of the files on his computer, there was a knock at his door.

            “Who is it computer?”

            “JACOB STROHL LORD MORTEM”

            “Hide all project windows until I give the password. Understand?”

            “YES LORD MORTEM.” With that said, all the files that Lord Mortem was looking at vanished into his desk and faded from existence.

            “Enter.” As he said this, the door opened and Jacob walked in, bending one knee to Lord Mortem. “Rise child.” Lord Mortem said offering Jacob a hand up.

“What is it you wish to speak to me about?”

            “I have some information that may be interesting for you to hear my lord.”

            “What kind of information could you possibly possess having hardly been a part of my Order for a day?”

            “Information regarding some traitors my lord.”

            “Traitors? Of whom do you speak?”

            “In about three hours my lord, you shall know all those who stand against you on this base alone.”

            “Why tell me this? And who told you about these traitors?”

            “To answer both your questions my lord, I hold no love for my father. He has always manipulated me to do his bidding. And without any form of power to back up what he plans to do. But with you, I can sense not just great ambition, but also great power. I choose to stand at your side and be your loyal servant. Not a slave to my father.” Lord Mortem pondered this for a few minutes.

            “Very interesting. I will see that your choice was not in vain Lord Strohl.”

 

 

 

 

As Miles sat down in the locker rooms, he looked up to see Sun and Pyrrha greeting the crowd for the third place match. He decided it wasn’t really worth watching since the outcome was most likely obvious. He got out one of his coats and put it on while making sure that his swords were placed properly in their sheaths. As he sat back down, he noticed Blake once again standing by the door.

            “So is this the only way we’ll ever get privacy around these chuckleheads?” Miles said with a laugh.

            “I guess so. And after falling asleep last night, I don’t think they trust me to be anywhere near you.”

            “In a good way or bad way?”

            “In a way that Nathan and Yang will never let us hear the end of it.”

            “Well, they aren’t here now, are they?”

            “Pretty sure.”

            “Want to just chill until I have to leave?”

            “That’s why I’m here.” They both smiled, and gave each other a hug, then ended up kissing each other. As they were in the middle of doing so, one of the trash cans fell over, causing them both to jump. Then, out of thin air right by the trashcan appeared Natalie, having recorded their entire conversation on her Scroll.

            “Give me the Scroll Natls.” Miles said with clear anger in his voice.

            “Are you kidding me? And pass up on the opportunity to get my brother and Yang in my debt? Not a chance!”

            “At least delete the video. That much I can live with.”

            “And if I refuse?”

            “Then you don’t leave this room alive.” Miles said drawing both his swords.

            “Super-girlfriend to the rescue!” Everybody looked on in surprise as Ruby rushed in, grabbing Natalie and disappearing down the corridor back towards the seats.

“Get back here you crazy kids!” Miles yelled as he tried to chase after them, but was            stopped by Blake.

            “It was going to get out eventually. Better we get all the teasing out of the way now rather than later and just having it last longer. Besides, you’ve got a fight to win. You don’t have time for dumb romance related stuff.”

            “Yeah, I guess not.”

 

 

 

 

As Dr. Strohl made his way down the corridor, he saw one of his associates enter the room for the meeting just ahead of him. As he entered the room, he noticed that a large number of those apart of the revolution were already there. As he sat himself down, he looked around the room, trying to find Jacob.

            “Has anybody seen my son?” Nobody responded to the question, as everybody looked around confused, not sure where he was. “Well, it doesn’t matter for right now. Let’s get roll call in and then once he shows up, we can begin.” With that said, everybody placed their Scroll on the desk, letting it register their presence and log everybody in.

            “I guess that’s everybody. Once my son arrives we can get down to beginning to finalize the steps to our revolution. After many long years, things have finally begun to bloom into fruition.”

            “Such false hope will soon lead to your extinction.” Everybody turned and were suddenly knocked back as the entire wall exploded, revealing Lord Mortem, his entire High Council, and several soldiers right behind him. Walking through the rubble, Lord Mortem found the shaken body of Dr. Strohl, and hoisted him up into the air. “Foolish doctor. You underestimated the cunning of your son. You held the leash too tightly as he grew up, giving him the desire to escape. Through that desire, he has recognized his new master. And now, you will die.” As he said this, he began draining Dr. Strohl’s aura, which prompted one of the members of the revolution to fire a few rounds at Lord Mortem, causing him to drop Dr. Strohl. Collecting himself, Lord Mortem laughed, and took a few steps outside the room.

            “Kill them all.” He said without giving a second thought, leading everybody to rush towards each other and clash, creating huge shockwaves throughout the entire building.

 

 

 

 

Christy was busy punching in the final few codes into the weapons system as she felt the first few shockwaves roll through the base. She waited a few more seconds, another shockwave passed through the base, then the alarms started to go off, which meant she was clear to smash the console to pieces to make sure the weapons would remain offline. She quickly left the room, headed down towards the stairs and met up with Jacob.

            “Weapons are down. You got the keys Jacob?”

            “Yep. I grabbed a universal key, so just in case the airships don’t work out, we at least can get a car or something that can get us out of harms way. You got the cell door keys?”

            “Haven’t left my person since I got my hands on them. Let’s get downstairs.” With that said, they ran down to the prison level, and were instantly greeted by guards.

            “Lord Strohl, we heard you were helping lead the attack on the revolution. What are you doing here?” Jacob quickly punched one of them while Christy slashed another one down to the ground.

            “Starting a revolution of my own.” Jacob said as he ran over to knock out the guard he punched. Christy then ran to each of the cell doors keeping her friends locked up and let them out, also getting Vergil’s cuffs removed.

            “Any luck with finding our weapons?” Vergil asked.

            “Armory. We pass it on our way to the hangar bay.”

            “All right then, let’s get moving!” Suddenly a shot rang out, and they all turned to see the other guard having revived and trying to reach for his radio to call for help. But before anything else happened, a white blur appeared out of nowhere and completely removed the head of the guard. Standing up and dropping all their weapons on the ground was Angela, not wearing her mask. Jacob and Christy took up attack positions but Angela made no motion towards them.

            “This is the second time that I have helped you survive Brooklyn.” Angela said. “Lord Mortem won’t tolerate a third.”

            “Seriously, what is your fascination with me? It’s kind of creeping me out.”

            “Just know this. The next time we meet, one of us will die.”

            “What’s stopping me from killing you right now?”

            “The fact that Dr. Strohl’s revolution isn’t as powerful as he had hoped. You are running out of time. Get going.” Everybody stood around for a second, not sure what to do, but then Vergil took the initiative, grabbed his sword, and headed for the stairs. Everybody followed in suit, even Brooklyn who didn’t even look back once. Angela lowered her head, and shed a single tear.

            “One of us has to die. I pray to the sky that it will be me.”

 

 

 

 

As they made their way to the hangar, Jacob saw his mother standing by one of the few remaining airships. Apparently, Lord Mortem wanted a huge overhaul of supplies off base so that the revolution wouldn’t have any tricks up their sleeves.

            “Glad you decided to join us mother.”

            “Well, I had to start standing up for myself sometime.” They gave each other a hug, and stared making their way towards the airship. Suddenly, a throwing knife hit the airship directly in the fuel tank, and then a Dust spark caused the entire thing to explode, knocking everybody off their feet. As the smoke started to clear out, Jacob recognized his father standing over all of them, missing his right eye and clasping his chest in pain.

            “You….ungrateful little….brat…” As he said this, he raised his katanna up to stab Jacob through the head. But before he could do so, Vergil blocked the strike and pinned Dr. Strohl’s sword into the ground.

            “Get everybody else out of here!” Vergil yelled to Jacob. “I’ll hold this guy off!”

            “Dad! Don’t be crazy!” Ty yelled. “If that guy is here, then there’s probably an army not too far behind!”

            “It’s more important that you all get out of here than me! Now shut up and find a car or something!” With that said, Vergil started fighting off Dr. Strohl, forcing him away from the others. As they all helped each other up, they started making their way towards a nearby service slide to what was labeled as an “emergency getaway car”. Brooklyn, Christy, and Ty all jumped down the slide. Jacob was about to follow in suit, but then stopped when he realized that his mother had stopped and was starting to head right to where Dr. Strohl and Vergil were fighting.

            “Mom! What are you doing?!”

            “Something I should have done a long time ago.” With that said, Aurora pulled out her twin shields and rushed towards her husband, knocking him back and causing him to bleed out even more. Jacob was about to chase after her, but she looked back, threw one of her shields at him, and knocked him down the slide, and then with the other shield, destroyed the emergency sealing hatch switch to make sure he wouldn’t climb back out nor would anybody follow him. As she got her weapons back, she looked up now to see almost all the remaining members of the Order that was pursing Dr. Strohl standing before them.

            “Well, this might actually be a fun challenge for me for a change.” Vergil said as he got into a more professional battle stance.

            “Most that I’ll have ever done with my life.” Aurora said, as she also got ready for what was about to happen. They both then rushed forward, weapons at the ready as Vergil swung down for the first strike.

 

 

 

 

            “We have to go back!” Jacob yelled as the car started pulling out of the base and into the forest.

            “We don’t have a choice Jacob!” Ty yelled as he manned the controls. “If we go back now, we’re dead for sure!”

            “But we can take them! The Atlas military is almost here anyways! I’m not going to let anybody die on my watch!”

            “Jacob, if we stayed there, it doesn’t matter when Atlas shows up, we would have been dead before the first shots were fired.”

            “My mother is back there! She’s finally standing up for herself! I’m not going to let her die because I didn’t act quickly enough!”

            “My dad’s back there also Jacob. How do you think this makes me feel?” The entire car fell silent for a moment as Ty stopped the car.

            “I’m sorry Ty. I didn’t think about that.”

            “My father always told me to live each and every day like it was your last. He said it was essential in this line of work since you didn’t know if the next battle would be the one that did you in. The problem is, I don’t want him to leave just yet. But he had it hardwired into my brain since I was a kid: if I ever have to lay my life down for you, don’t look back.” Christy walked over to him and gave him a hug; a few tears were running down her face.

            “Maybe it isn’t too late.” Brooklyn said. “Maybe Atlas will get there in time to help get them out of there.”

            “I hope you’re right.” Jacob said as he got out of the car. “I don’t want anybody else to die.”

 

 

 

 

Lord Mortem walked into the hangar and saw that his soldiers had completely subdued Dr. Strohl, his wife, and Vergil. He walked over to them, and punched Dr. Strohl in the mouth.

            “Traitorous trash.”

            “The Strohl’s…were destined to…rule this world….”

            “The belief in anything other than the power I possess is exactly what lead Cinder Fall to her demise. You would have done well to remember that.”

            “It was never my destiny to kill you anyways.” Dr. Strohl said with a laugh. “My son will destroy you.” Lord Mortem looked at Dr. Strohl, and then walked over to his wife. “Leave her out of this Mortem. She was never loyal to me. If you want to kill me, then do it.” Lord Mortem looked back at Dr. Strohl, then down at Aurora again.

            “She will never be loyal to me now that your son is in play. And you are a traitor who needs to learn his place.” As he said this, he walked back over to Dr. Strohl, drew his buster sword, and grabbed him by the throat. “Tell me, do you love her?”

            “Yes….”

            “Would you give everything up for her, even your own life?”

            “If…there is one thing I am loyal to other than my family name…. it is her…” Lord Mortem smiled at this, and dropped Dr. Strohl to the ground.

            “Then you will remember this moment every time you think of betraying me again for the rest of your life.” As soon as he said this, he raised his sword up and sent it clean through the body of Aurora. Dr. Strohl wanted to scream, but before he could, Lord Mortem punched him in the gut, knocking all the potential wind out of him.

            “You……monster…..I’m the one…..wanted……”

            “Your son taught me a very important lesson. That dead, you would be of no further use to me. But with you alive, and filled with fear and hatred, you shall be a weapon fit for my arsenal. I hereby strip you of your title of Doctor. Peter Strohl, soldier of the Order of the Four Seasons, rise.” For a split second, he didn’t get up, but then he finally did so. “Very good. Gentlemen, take him to the dungeons. That shall forever be his home until I have use for him. Now then, on to the final loose end in the immediate vicinity.” Lord Mortem started walking towards Vergil, but then a large explosion shook the entire complex and blew a hole in the roof of the hangar. Lord Mortem gathered himself and looked out the now gaping hole to see two Atlas airships beginning an attack on the compound.

            “We’re under attack!” Lord Hibernis yelled. He rushed forward to the rubble with his whip, and started using it to try and knock out the airships.

            “Don’t waste your time Lord Hibernis.” Lord Mortem said placing a hand on his shoulder. “I will deal with this. But first, some final preperations. Master Allen! Master Odi!” As soon as he yelled this, Leo and another White Fang member fell to one knee right behind him. “Master Allen, it is clear that no longer can the Order hide in the shadows. You are to go to the executive computer room and launch Alpha Theta protocol.”

            “My lord, are you certain?”

            “If Atlas knows about this location, then if this fleet falls, it will be their grand army we see next on our doorstep. Also, the child of Peter Strohl knows too much. And he is more than likely too far away to try and kill him to keep him from talking. Too much has gone wrong. We must act now. Send word out to all the other stations and get communications to begin jamming frequencies on the CCTS. Nobody can know we are coming.”

            “At once my lord.” As he ran off, Lord Mortem handed his buster sword to Leo.

            “What is the meaning of this my lord?”

            “Master Odi, I do not need this weapon at this time in order to deal with these Atlas fools. But prove yourself loyal to me and bring me the head of Demon Slayer Vergil, LORD Odi.” As he said this, he walked outside, leaving Leo to hold the great sword within his hands, walk over to Vergil, and without hesitation, bring the weapon down on his head.

 

 

 

 

As they all looked on from where they were parked, it looked like the Atlas military had everything completely under control.

            “Maybe they can do this.” Jacob said as he clutched the hilt of his sword. “Maybe they can save them.” All of a sudden, as if out of nowhere, down in the compound, four gigantic Nevermores flew up into the sky and started attacking the airships. At first, it looked like the guns on the airships were enough to handle the creatures, but then, several explosions went off inside the airships, causing both of them to crash into the ground. For several minutes, not a single word was uttered. Not even a cry was let out. And before any other reactions could be made, the ground started to shake, and a fleet of giant airships rose out of the ground. And these weren’t weak little airships stolen from other nations; these were state of the art military grade airships. Everybody’s collective jaws hit the ground as soon as they saw them take off into the air.

            “What do we do now?” Brooklyn asked.

            “We need to get out of here.” Jacob said getting back in the car. “If they find us, then the world loses valuable information about these guys.”

            “So where do you suggest we go?” Christy asked.

            “I suggest Patch.” Ty said as he started up the car. “It’s close enough to Vale, but far enough away to not draw attention. If we want to help our friends, I’m afraid it’s going to have to be after whatever the Order has planned at first is finished.”

            “He’s right.” Jacob said. “Let’s get moving.” As soon as everybody was in the car, they drove off into the night as the giant airships flew right overhead.

 

 

 

 

Yang had to use both her gauntlets in order to block an attack from Miles. Realizing he now had an opening, he swung his other sword around and knocked her back a few feet towards the edge. Regaining her balance, Yang launched herself towards Miles, who tried to dodge, but got clipped in the shoulder anyway by her punch. He went flying across the stage, and ended up right back in the middle of the ring. As he got up, he realized that Yang was laughing at him.

            “Yeesh, are you so distracted by wanting to kiss Blake that you can’t even fight right?” Miles winced at her comment, and got back up, closing his eyes and getting on one knee.

            “Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind.” As he finished saying this, he reopened his eyes, and leapt straight towards Yang.

            “Did you just quote Legend of Kor-ah!” Yang had to move out of the way and quickly bring her guard up, as Miles was suddenly moving a lot faster, landing weaker strikes compared to what he normally was capable of, but landing a larger number of them. Trying to slow him down, Yang grabbed his right arm, and punched him right in the gut, sending his aura levels down to about 24%. As she pulled back for what was sure to be the finishing blow, Miles blocked the punch with his free sword, and head-butted Yang. The crowd was shocked by this, and wasn’t sure how to react. Yang was clearly caught off guard by this and had almost completely lost her balance. Realizing this chance, Miles unleashed a flurry of strikes to completely deplete Yang’s aura. The buzzer sounded signifying the match was over.

            “Miles Watson of Beacon wins the match!” Professor Ozpin exclaimed excitedly. “And with that victory, he is also the champion of the Restoration Tournament!” The crowd roared, and Miles pumped his fist in the air in victory. He then walked over and offered a hand up for Yang, which she reluctantly accepted.

            “Lucky shot.” She said as she got back up.

            “I probably would have said the same thing to be fair.”

            “Yeah, well, congrats on the win man.”

            “Thanks.  It’s nice when things go right for a change.”

            “Come on, I think they’re bringing up the podium for the awards ceremony.”

 

 

 

 

            “Congratulations to Team RIFL for fan favorite team in the tournament.” Everybody applauded as Professor Ozpin handed the award to the team, which they gladly accepted. “And now on to the presentation of awards to those who stand head and shoulders among the rest, as champions.” The crowd cheered as they brought up the trophies for first through third place. The respective fighters took their place on the podium as Ozpin said a few words.

            “This may not be a Vytal festival, nor a tournament that will ever occur again, but this was important. The world came under attack from a villain who wanted control, and the world stood up to that villain and said no. We will remain diverse, and we will remain unique. This tournament was a celebration of those who put everything on the line for the sake of the world. And we can’t thank them enough for that.” The audience applauded and gave a standing ovation as a slideshow of all the fighters who fought played on the monitors.

            “Such a beautiful sentiment.” A loud voice boomed through the speakers. Everybody started looking around confused. Professor Ozpin tried to speak into the microphone once again, but couldn’t get any sound through. Suddenly, the video monitors switched to a man with silver hair, much different from Ozpin’s.

            “I am sure you are all aware of the terrors that Cinder Fall exacted on Vale one year ago today. Well let me tell you, she was a fool. She only attempted to take down one kingdom and one academy. She also did so against my wishes. I was her master and she my pupil. Betrayed, because she believed in the idea of destiny. Well, now I stand before you with a society that has laid dormant for years, and is now finally ready to take what is rightfully ours. My name is Lord Zenoma Mortem. Master of the Order of the Four Seasons. And now, the master of all of the kingdoms of Remnant. And to show that I am not bluffing, you shall all be destroyed as an example of the power I possess.” As he finished saying his piece, he snapped his fingers and all of a sudden, explosions went off across the entire stadium. Everybody began to panic and run for the exits. For a split second, it seemed like nothing was happening. But then, all of a sudden, the entire stadium began falling to the ground. As it began to fall faster and faster, the screams of terror grew louder and louder until the stadium seemed to stop in midair. Yang and Pyrrha collected themselves and looked around for an answer, and realized that Miles was keeping the stadium floating, but it was clearly straining his body.

            “Get everybody out of here!” He yelled.

            “I can help Miles!” Pyrrha said trying to get a fix with her polarity.

            “There’s no time! This entire stadium isn’t made of metal and I doubt the parts that are metal are big enough for you make a significant enough impact on! Just get everybody out!”

            “Can you even take that much pressure?” Yang asked as she noticed that Miles was already starting to get a bit of a nosebleed.

            “I’ll be fine! Stop dawdling and get moving!” They finally accepted his demands, and ran out to the airship docks. There they found the rest of their friends getting on board one of the airships.

            “Where’s Miles?” Blake asked.

            “He’s the reason we haven’t fallen back to earth yet.” Yang said as she jumped on board the airship.

            “What? But how is he supposed to get out?”

            “I don’t think he thought that far ahead.”

            “I’m going back for him.”

            “Don’t be stupid!” Pyrrha yelled. “If you pull him out now, everybody else still stuck up here will die!” Blake didn’t even stop running back into the stadium.

            “Somebody has got to stop her before she does something stupid!” Weiss yelled.

            “I’ll get them both out of here.” Ruby said as she jumped off the airship.

            “Are you crazy?” Natalie said grabbing her arm. “You’ll die in there!”

            “Don’t worry." Ruby said breaking away from Natalie's grasp. "I can get them out safely.”

            “All right then. Where should we meet up?” Evan asked.

            “You all head to the school. Try and fight off anything that might be attacking it. If it looks like this isn’t a battle we can win, find a way to get back to Patch. Miles might need some medical attention, and if Vale falls, that might be the safest place for him.” With that said, Ruby ran off back into the arena and the airship took off and headed for Beacon. Nathan looked outside and saw several airships starting to launch rockets at downtown Vale.

            “This isn’t going to be easy.”

            “Battles like this never are.” Ren said as he loaded his weapons.

 

 

 

 

Lord Mortem walked away from the camera and over to the bridge, where his fleet of airships was beginning their attack on downtown Vale.

            “My lord,” one of the soldiers spoke up towards the front of the bridge. “Amity coliseum hasn’t fallen yet.”

            “What kind of prank is this? I will not be undermined. If it remains flying, then there may not be enough negative emotion generated to summon the dark sister. Speaking of which, prepare the away team for the assault on Beacon.”

            “Who do you wish to lead the assault my lord?”

            “I will lead it myself. I will be down in the hangar with the strike team. In the meantime, all available airships are to target Amity coliseum and send it to the ground in flames.”

            “Yes my lord.”

 

 

 

 

Miles was starting to feel the full weight of the stadium now as he continued to cough up blood. But still he stood tall, refusing to give an inch.

            “Well, at least everybody is safe. I can die an honorable death and the like I guess.”

            “Miles!” Blake yelled as she jumped down into the stadium.

            “I had to jinx it. Blake! What are you doing here?” As he yelled this, he coughed up a ton more blood.

            “I’m not leaving you. Come on, we have to get out of here.”

            “Not until everybody is safe.”

            “But everybody is safe. It’s just you and me left.”

            “I consider you a part of everybody.” Blake took another step towards Miles.

            “Were you planning on dying here just to get everybody a chance to get out?”

            “Well, even if you did pull me out right now, I’m not sure what the internal damage to my body is. I might die of internal bleeding anyways.” Blake started crying a few tears.

            “Please. I’ve lost so much. I don’t want to lose you too.”

            “I don’t want to lose you either Blake. Or Natalie, or Nathan, or Evan or Ruby, or any of those guys. So please, just get out of here. I might be able to set this thing down softly so it doesn’t create as much of an….” Before he could finish, several explosions hit the side of the stadium, causing it to shake, and sending debris into the middle of the arena. Blake almost got hit by one of the pieces of rubble, but managed to dodge it with an after-image. However, another piece struck Miles right in the head, knocking him out and causing the stadium to begin to plummet to the earth. Blake ran over to the now limp body of Miles and grabbed him, trying to figure out how to get out. But with the stadium falling, nothing seemed to be a good option, as she just looked up into the sky with fear in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Roll Credits

 

 

 

 

 

 

Professor Ozpin rushed into his office and dropped his cane at what he saw. The dark summoning circles. Something that he hoped to never see again in his lifetime. As he looked closer, he realized that it was about three-quarters away from being complete.

            “Please Salem. For the greater good, you mustn’t return.”



© 2022 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent chapter as we try to save everyone. Miles is one of my favorite characters such a bad a*s. Now I am ready to begin the next episodes. Please be kind and return the love.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 31, 2022
Tags: Adventure, Action, Anime, Fan Fiction, RWBY

RWBY: Order of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.