Episode 3: Chapter 5: Launch

Episode 3: Chapter 5: Launch

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 5 of Episode 3 of Order of Seasons

"

Nathan led the charge forward on the left flank while Yang, Evan and Christy tailed behind him. As they continued forward, more and more giant hordes of Grimm swarmed and attacked them, forcing them to slow their advance. They almost came to a complete stop when they had to jump out of the way of something falling from the sky at a great speed. The instant it landed, it created a crater in the ground. When the dust settled, standing before them was Lord Hibernis, his weapon at the ready. A split second later, Lord Fulgur, Adam Taurus, and Lord Aeris landed beside him.

            “You always like to make an entrance, don’t you Firma?” Lord Aeris joked.

            “I provide the entry, you provide the color commentary. That seems to be the way this goes.”

            “Could you two shut up for one second and actually acknowledge the fact that we are here to do our jobs?” Adam said clearly annoyed.

            “I’ve got the one with the spear.” Lord Fulgur said. “Lord Aeris, I suggest you take down the kid with the clubs, Adam, you take…”

            “STOP TALKING AND FIGHT ALREADY!” Nathan yelled as he launched himself towards Adam, knocking him back as they began fighting. Not wasting any time, Yang decided to attack Lord Aeris, while Christy went full tilt at Lord Hibernis. Leaving Evan to defend himself from an incoming attack from Lord Fulgur.

            “Why do I always get the weakest of fighters?” Lord Hibernis groaned.

            “Don’t look down on me!” Christy yelled. “I am a huntress, like my friends beside me!”

            “The I look forward to breaking down your resolve.”

 

 

 

 

Ty, Jacob, Ren, and Junior and his army rushed towards the nearby horde of Grimm on the docks that were keeping the airship holding some of their comrades from landing safely. Coco was blasting them with her gatling gun, but it wasn’t quite enough. Ty morphed his weapon to bazooka form and launched a projectile to thin out the enemy. Junior did the same thing at a different patch of enemies, just in time for them all to rush forward and clear the path almost instantaneously. With the way open, the airship landed and everybody managed to get off and join the battle.

            “Keep moving old man!” Ty yelled to Junior as he morphed his weapon back to sword form. “These things aren’t slowing down anytime soon.”

            “I’m older than you, thanks for reminding me…” Junior groaned as he smacked a Grimm off the side of the docks. Suddenly, a large number of Junior’s men were being tossed and slashed to pieces. Jacob ran forward to see the assassin and Leo Odi clearing out their army, but what caught his attention was the man who was to the assassin’s right that was slicing away.

            “Father.” By simply hearing these words, Peter looked up and saw his son standing before him with anger in his eyes. “You killed my mother father. Your own wife. In the name of her whom you killed, I will destroy you.” Still not saying anything, Peter raised his blade and prepared to face his own son. Meanwhile, Ty and Junior had started clashing with Leo and the assassin.

            “So, the child of the Demon Slayer, huh?” Leo said as he parried one of Ty’s attacks. “I look forward to adding you to my kill list on my way to the top.”

            “You keep talking nonstop and you’ll just end up dead you idiot.” Ty said as he pulled back to take another swing. Junior on the other hand was about to go toe to toe with the assassin, but it jumped out of the way of his attack and made a beeline for the team that was moving up the right flank, completely ignoring Junior.

            “Was it something I said?” Junior didn’t even have any time to think before he realized he was under attack again, this time from Lord Memoriare.

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn trailed behind Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, and Sun as they cleared the path towards the tower. All of a sudden, the assassin jumped right in front of them, removed her mask and raised her blade and pointed it right at Brooklyn. Everybody skidded to a halt for a split second.

            “Only one person?” Sun said as he twirled his staff around to battle position. “This is going to be easy!”

            “This one’s mine.” Brooklyn said as she pushed everybody aside and faced Angela. “You guys go on ahead. I don’t think she’s going to bother you at all.” Pyrrha, Jaune and Sun all acknowledged this and headed off, while Nora stayed behind and patted Brooklyn on the shoulder.

            “Break her legs kid.”

            “I’ll do you one better.”

            “I like your attitude.” Nora said before rushing off to join the rest of her friends. Brooklyn switched her weapon from rifle form to scimitar form, and rushed straight at Angela. The two of them were going toe to toe for a few minutes, neither one really having the upper hand. As Brooklyn continued to fight however, her head started hurting more and more.

            “What did you do to me?!” Brooklyn yelled as she swung her weapon down so hard that it caused the ground to split open. Angela managed to dodge the attack and move forward again, but it still seemed like there was no determining a winner.

 

 

 

 

Lord Memoriare grasped his chest in pain while trying to block an incoming attack from Junior. He blocked the first swing, but the second one landed square in his chest, knocking him back and causing a few orbs of light to fly out of his body. Two of the orbs he managed to catch, but a few managed to escape from his clutches.

            “Blast it Angela, I told you to stay away from her. She’s going to kill you and I might die trying to keep our promise!”

 

 

 

 

Christy jumped back as Lord Hibernis cracked his whip causing large amounts of debris to fly up and nearly hit Christy in the arm. She managed to knock it back with one of her axes however as she reset herself. Morphing one of her axes to shotgun form, she leapt up and started firing shots at Hibernis as she started falling towards him to land a powerful hit. Hibernis tried to dodge the attack, but he was far too distracted by the hail of bullets that he ended up taking the hit head on.

            “Impressive. I may have underestimated your power.”

            “Yeah, people usually do.” Christy said preparing for the next attack.

            “I wonder if your spirit is as powerful.” As he said this, he kicked her back, sending her spiraling across the ground. “All you are is just a tool to keep your friends alive. You may think you have value, but all you are is just an asset.”

            “I help my friends.” Christy said as she got up. “That’s all that matters.”

            “Then your friends had better learn how to live without you.”

 

 

 

 

Yang was struggling against Lord Aeris. It felt like she was fighting Neo all over again back on that train. Only difference was that this time she was pretty well rested and she was still losing to Aeris. Aeris didn’t slow down even for a second. She quickly spun around and hit Yang with a gust of wind that knocked her back into a nearby wall, knocking her unconscious. She was about to make sure Yang was dead, but then she saw Adam being thrown out the window of the cafeteria and was heading right towards her. She rolled her eyes as she used a gust of air to help cushion his fall. As he got up, Lord Aeris started laughing.

            “He’s just a kid Adam! And you’re struggling against him?!”

            “Don’t underestimate him. He’s being powered by his desire for vengeance for what I did to his home several years ago.”

            “If he’s blinded by revenge, shouldn’t that make it easier to find holes in his attacks?”

            “He has a strong defense Lord Aeris. Take a look.” As he said this, Nathan started walking towards the two of them, his body completely enveloped in a bright crimson red Aura burn. Lord Aeris smiled, and rushed towards Nathan, ready to strike him right in the head. However, her weapon moved as if a magnet was trying to force itself to connect with the opposite polarity.  The Aura Burn was keeping Aeris from getting anywhere close to him.  Nathan then punched Lord Aeris with such force that she fell back as well to where Adam was.

            “Well, you weren’t kidding about his power.”

            “You have a plan Lord Aeris? I would like to remain alive long enough to receive ultimate power.”

            “Just follow my lead. And try to keep up.”

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn started trying to use the pain in her head to focus on her opponent. She started truly taking strides to gain the upper hand. As she started to gain more and more ground, she finally managed to knock Angela far back enough and completely off guard to morph her weapon into rifle form and then start unloading a few rounds into her chest, causing her to drop her weapon. Before she could recover, Brooklyn already had her sword at her throat.

            “Last chance. Tell me how you got that pendant.” Angela remained silent, causing Brooklyn even more rage. “Fine! Die! See if I care!”

            “Thank you.”

 

 

 

 

Lord Memoriare got knocked back even further, and was almost to the edge of the docks. Junior landed another strong blow on him, and another light orb flew out of his body.

            “Forget it. I’ll just steal the memory back from her later. Angela won’t die anytime soon.”

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn pulled her blade back, and instantly ran it right through Angela. As she pulled out her blade, she saw an orb of light flying right towards her, and suddenly flew right into her head. In that instant, her headache intensified. Brooklyn fell to her knees, clasping her head in pain as images started flooding her head. She saw a woman holding her in her arms, giving her a kiss on the forehead. She saw a woman give her the first bracelet weapon she ever wielded surrounded by streamers and a cake. She saw a woman give her another kiss on the forehead before a man clasped her head and caused her to forget everything. Once the images stopped, Brooklyn looked up at Angela once more with tears in her eyes.

            “Mom?”

            “I’m so sorry. I didn’t want you to find out.” As she said this, Angela fell to the ground and died, leaving Brooklyn to just sit there, not sure how to react other than cry.

 

 

 

 

Whatever advantage Nathan had was quickly starting to disappear, as Lord Aeris started using gusts of wind to slowly but surely keep his Aura burn at bay. Adam started slicing his chest to start weakening him, while Aeris threw her chakrams at the new openings on his wrists, causing him to drop his clubs to the ground. And with one last strike, Adam forced Nathan to the ground, and held his sword to his neck.

            “Aren’t you that stupid kid who ran out to fight me after I killed all of Aequo in front of that other kid?”

            “Why else do you think I’m trying to kill you?”

            “A lot of people want to kill me kid. Get in line. But I’ll give you the same advice I gave your friend all those years ago. This is what happens when you try to be a hero. No matter what you do in life, everything you care about will die.”

            “GET AWAY FROM HIM!” Adam turned to see Yang launching herself towards Adam, her gauntlets at the ready. However, all of a sudden, Lord Aeris leapt up, took one of her chakrams, and sliced Yang’s hand right off, then knocked her down to the ground.

            “YANG!” Nathan yelled as he tried to get up. But Adam kept him pinned to the ground, and stabbed him right in the chest.

            “Come along Lord Aeris. Our job here is done.”

            “You aren’t going to kill them now Adam?”

            “He’s going to die anyways. I purposefully avoided a vital spot. Let him wallow in pain for a bit longer.” As they left, Nathan started crawling towards Yang, and grabbed her other hand, crying his eyes out.

            “Not again…by the stars please not again….”

 

 

 

 

            “Computer, how are we doing?”

            “THE COCKTAIL IS MIXING LORD MORTEM.”

            “How much longer?”

            “TEN MINUTES.”

            “I’ll soon have far more time than ten minutes on my hand. I can wait.”



© 2018 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Let him wait as they take out his friends. I will laugh with joy as I watch his plans fall apart. Nicely done as the war progress on. Moving on to the next chapter. Please be kind end return the love.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2018
Tags: Adventure, Action, Anime, Fan Fiction, RWBY

RWBY: Order of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.