A Spring Sunset

A Spring Sunset

A Story by MadiLeigh

Its an amazing thing to watch the sunset on a spring day. Everything around you seems to just freeze in the moment, as if watching the beauty as well. This wonderful event that happens everyday is one of life's many treasures that we never notice.

 

With his hand in mine, I felt safe. Nothing could hurt me hear. His rhythmic breathing was conforting. These last months had been hard, but here, I knew everything was going to be ok. I shivvered slightly and he gently placed his arm around me and pulled me in closer. I breathed in his fresh scent, I couldn't identify the cologne.

 

My mind occassionaly drifted to the past, and as if he could sense the pain, he sqeezed me tighter. I smiled up at him and he looked down on my face. He was so perfect. Most importantly, he was mine. Nothing will change that.

 

We hadn't spoken in a while but it was okay. When you love someone, it feels as though you are in tune with their thoughts. I knew he was happy with me. As the sun lowered and the light began to fade I burried my face into his hoodie. The dark frightened me. I felt him lift me and take me back inside of the warm home.

© 2010 MadiLeigh


Author's Note

MadiLeigh
I've been taking some online creative writing classes, my prompt for this was "a spring sunset" and this was the first thing that came to me. any comments or constructive criticizm would be appreciated greatly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

MadiLeigh
MadiLeigh

Glendale, AZ



About
My name is Madi and I am a teen beginner author. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words but I'm working on it. I have a lot of great ideas for stories, if only I could find a way to actual.. more..

Writing