A Book Of Old Memories

A Book Of Old Memories

A Story by MadiLeigh

The dusty, old book was sitting there, just begging to be read. Annelise, having nothing to do on that Sunday morning, explored her aunt's bedroom while she was at the market. Her fingers gently touched the cover of the book, debating whether or not to open it. The book was, without a doubt, ancient. That fact only sparked her curiosity more. What was the book doing here in her aunts room? Or better yet, what was the story inside of the book?

 

She slowly opened the book and nearly cried. It wasnt a book at all. It was a photo album. She sat on the bed, looking at the old photos that dated all the way back to the 1920's to today. Was this her family? She was so engaged in the images, she lost track of time.

 

What felt like moments after she entered the room, her aunt appeared. She was mad at first, of coarse, but then she sat by her niece and pointed out individual pictures, explaining the story behind them. Her fingers gently touched images of soldiers, beautiful women, young children, each one was special to her. These people were her history, and Annelise's too. It was remarkable how so much history and stories could be marked in photographs. Within a few hours, Annelise had devoured the entire dusty, old book that was just begging to be read.

© 2010 MadiLeigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice read, but its short. Sorry, i'm used to long stories.

But your description and detail is very nice. i can picture this as the beginning to a story of the past, where the main character (Annelise?) travels back in time to each picture of the Book of Memories. And each picture has its own story to tell. But anyway, thats just an idea.

Grammar and spellinig are all good.

overall, nice job. :)

P.S could you read some of my work? that would be great. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

MadiLeigh
MadiLeigh

Glendale, AZ



About
My name is Madi and I am a teen beginner author. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words but I'm working on it. I have a lot of great ideas for stories, if only I could find a way to actual.. more..

Writing