Is she really snoring, again!?

Is she really snoring, again!?

A Story by Cultivating Fearlessness
"

This is a super short story about camping trips my ex-girlfriend and I have taken where I was freaked out and she'd just sleep.

"

Terrifying would not even come close to describing those four wild night we spent in her blue and grey tent on the Big Island. The spirits of the land could not stop themselves from knocking on the tent all thoughout the night. She would just fall asleep, of course. I should not have been angered, or surprised. This wasn't the first time. I would just be sitting there, in the middle of the tent all through the night while the wind, rain and sounds of the land spirits would remind me that I am not alone.

The rain was relentless. The wind felt like what I'd imagine living inside a vaccum would be like. I didn't get much sleep. There was hardly any light to see beyond the frequent lightning or that of my flashlight. Should I keep it on to scare away people, things, monsters or should I turn it off so they can't see us here? 

As soon as she began to snore my trembling began. I was truly alone here. She didn't even try to comfort me. It was similar to that time in Florida. That time we collected fallen wood to build a fire, in spite of the 90+ degree weather in what felt like 100% humidity in August. Yep. Same kind of feeling-camping traumatized me on so many levels. And there she'd be: snoring.

 

© 2009 Cultivating Fearlessness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 7, 2009

Author

Cultivating Fearlessness
Cultivating Fearlessness

Santa Fe, NM



About
She whirled, is whirling, in the process of becoming one with herself. Its been sometime now, actually, it may have even been an entire lifetime of unknowing herself. But no need to dwell on what no l.. more..

Writing