mother in need.

mother in need.

A Story by makenson,zamy
"

what a son would do in other to save his mother.

"

Short Story:writing by makenson,zamy
Font: Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spacing

It was a Wednesday as Robert sits in the hospital chair next to his mother just after being told she has been diagnosis with cancer. Shuddering, he couldn’t deal with emotions �" he wasn’t only grievous but raging. He had no family outside of his mother. A lonely life. Nothing like his father, John. His parents have been separated for years now. John has not been in his life for most of his childhood. They never had that connection.
He looked at his mother as she was taking it all in, got up and walked out into the hallway. After a brief phone call, he learned her insurance wouldn’t cover the cost for all the treatment.
Robert didn’t know who could help, who would be there not only to help his mother, but to help him. Certainly not John. Knowing that his father left so early on in Robert’s life, John wouldn’t hesitate to turn away from all of it again. When the times get tough, John was nowhere to be found.
Robert’s had a degree in manufacturing. So, he knew what he had to do. Robert applied for a job at the MACK Manufacturing Company that night. The very next morning checked his email and received one from the company manager.
With little effort, Robert got the job. He was thrilled. A moment of joy waved over him knowing there was hope for his mother. Robert started working on the following Tuesday morning. He arrived earlier than most of the employees. His first day went well. The co-workers were as extremely nice and helpful. Some of them were even former high school classmates of his. The week went well and he could even flex his hours to help his mother when needed.
On a windy October Monday at 12:45 in the afternoon, Robert got his first check which he added to his $20,000 he had been saving for a new car. Later that day he visited the cancer treatment office, he payed for his mother treatment, her operations was done on the January 12th, 2016. although his father did find out about john mother cancer from a call by the hospital on the list of families. John never had tried to visit robert’s mother after finding out ,Roberts mother had being in the hospital for at least 3 and a half month in other to recover. On June 5 2016 john mother had move in with him john feels closer knowing he can now protect his mother.

© 2017 makenson,zamy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading this. I think the different emotions felt by your main character were easy to relate to while also being very powerful.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not much of a writer this is my first short stories it might not be interesting but please feel free to give any feedback.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 17, 2017
Last Updated on July 17, 2017

Author

makenson,zamy
makenson,zamy

orlando, FL



About
a 17 year old guy I'm currently still in high school senior year. I got interested in writing when I wrote my first short stories for an assignment at school . more..

Writing