Fight against the world.

Fight against the world.

A Story by Sam Mallia
"

For everyone who's been victimized.

"

    It gets me so mad when someone takes suicide or self harming as a kind of joke, I don't get it, what's the punch line? When did someone's life become so funny? I hate it when someone sees a victim of self harming and the first thing they say is "why would you do that to yourself? what does that prove? how does it help you?" instead of looking a little further and seeing past the scars. Self harm isn't something people do for fun, infact as confusing and unanswerable as it sounds it's something people find comfort in. It's not for the attention or a way to get sympathy from people it's for personal relief. People don't realize that what they say can really affect someone, and eventually that person learns to hate themselves, they have their mind set on the fact that everything is their fault and that they deserve to be angered on, they deserve to be a victim of pain and punishment. Self harming is used as a way to let out anger and relief and the pain is used as a distraction to escape from every haunting thought and word that drives us insane. No one knows what's going through a person's mind or life enough to judge them so critically. Self harm is a way to take out anger on your self and to keep the people who drove you to this state satisfied. In every persons life they hit a pothole, to some people that pothole is 50ft deep and they can't find a way out, while they're stuck at the bottom of that hole it feels like the weight of the world caves in and buries them inside, they feel like they can't fight their way out or escape it, so they just let themselves die; meaning every thought, every action, every word becomes to much to bare and then you find yourself at your lowest, giving up on yourself and life in general. When it comes to the scars, people keep them hidden; whether it's under clothes or bracelets, they get ashamed because they don't want to think of themselves as weak; nobody wants to be known as weak; once those scars are exposed everyone knows the secrets you've been hiding, there's no excuse now. But why do these scars have to be known as a bad thing? why do they have to be kept so secretive? I'd like to think of them as battle scars.. a battle either between you and yourself, or you and the world. After you've pushed through the fight that seemed never ending, you walked out stronger and wiser and these scars are a perfect example to remind you that you won this fight, you were strong enough to escape that pothole and survive yourself and society, it keeps you from ever letting yourself get to that point of life or death ever again. 

© 2013 Sam Mallia


Author's Note

Sam Mallia
Just a thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

on self-inflicted pain... i find it sad that that someone couldnt find or didnt have another source of help, of healthy release, or someone to confide it. but "self-destructive" people usually have already been destroyed. not everyones life is perfect, as marie leads on to believe.. great essay.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

Some people just don't understand, but thank you very much.
A.J.

10 Years Ago

well, humanity keeps on proving we cant understand one another. dont we? lol.
Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

You're exactly right
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
There was a line: "After you've pushed through the fight that seemed never ending, you walk out stronger and wiser and these scars are a perfect example to remind you that you won this fight.." Reminds me of the stories I have heard about the Phoenix a bird said to be dead but out of the ashes it rises a magnificent bird full of splendor and beauty and awe. Well this line reminded me that all of that endure the trials in life are just like this bird. Well written and a great read. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

thats an amazing story, thank you i'm glad you liked it :)
Wonderful thoughts.
It is not wise to kill oneself for the wrongs done by others.
Fighting back is the most desired option.
The scars are trophies of honor,not of disgrace.
Thanks for sharing the motivational piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

thankyou so much, i'm glad you liked it.
zainul

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome.:)
I lost two brothers to suicide. No-one know why they did it. Both 21 years old and strong. I thought of suicide often because of people lost. I wonder why someone would choice death over life? I tried to help people who come to me with thoughts of suicide. Scary part few know when someone is walking the line of life and death. My brothers like the drugs and saw no real future. Fear can make death seem less painful. A excellent story. Open the door to a long conversation.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I tell the young and old people. Sometime there is reasons for failure. Maybe we have a better place.. read more
Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

in that case there comes the question of having an empty life or a meaningful death.
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I have changed my life completely four times. After my two brothers death. Quit job and sold everyth.. read more
Very Good. the message in the poem is some people jump at the opportunity of some one else's misery and they make fun of it because most people are clueless of how to do something about it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

Thankyou, and that's exactly the point that's trying to get across :)
Really thought provoking. The emotion in it really gets through to me. Good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam Mallia

10 Years Ago

Thank you, means a lot :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Author

Sam Mallia
Sam Mallia

Pickering, Canada



Writing
Does it? Does it?

A Poem by Sam Mallia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


fear fear

A Poem by Nebunova