Driving in silence

Driving in silence

A Story by The MD
"

Have you ever driven with your radio disconnected? Your ipod unplugged? Your CDs at home?

"
It would take a hundred lives to complete one and since I'm only given one I feel out of time. However, I'm not in time displacement and I fit, perfectly, sitting at a stop light, sitting at a traffic light, cruising on the beaten asphalt of the car before me, and the one before that one...
I went to church today, like I do every sunday, but for the first time I truly felt as if I was present. I was not part of a congregation nor of a religious entity. I was an aura of positive thinking amongst the hundreds of hopeful souls that interpret prayer as: a superstitious Superbowl good luck charm; an eternal goodbye for a friend or relative; or even a funeral.
Spacing, spacing, passing, cussing, spacing...parking.
And all these because of silence in the car...

© 2011 The MD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011
Tags: Driving, Silence

Author

The MD
The MD

About
Med school = fun Med writing = no fun Writerscafe = expressibility = ability to put down in words a day, a year, a life, a minute, a picture, a movie, a moment, a love, a heartbreak, a cuss word, a .. more..

Writing
Shopping lines Shopping lines

A Story by The MD