A Stranger

A Stranger

A Story by Manasa.L
"

Never seen before

"
A bright sunny day, I left home for my big day; attending a campus for job. The venue was clear, 8:30 sharp late comers not allowed. It was referred by my friend, and we decided to meet up at the venue.
I reached the place on time and to see graduates lined up at the gate, waiting for the authorities to call upon them. I was in a deja vu, bitter sadness slapped me. I gathered all my conscious, went and stood in the line for my turn. I waited(also for my friend), I called my friend to know where she is and there she was with an unexpected answer,
- "Sorry dear I'm late and I wouldn't make it, you go on without me". 
What??? Well let me tell you all, that I hate to be alone among strangers.
I was in trance, when suddenly fingers smoothed my shoulders and woke me. A gentle voice from behind asked me 
-"hey are we supposed to bring any documents(mark sheets), coz i haven't?". 
I replied back with a smile saying,
- "Nah, I don't think so they mentioned only resumes", while she made me think over as I wasn't sure. She said that she heard about the interview from her friend and also how she missed coming there. While standing and waiting we exchanged few casual talks about the event we had been there for. Finally we entered the venue premises and were given numbers to count the heads. The first round was a writing test and there was still time for it. We sat down on the bench and spoke about our past experiences in interviews, our failures, mistakes and loss. We were as if we knew each other for a long time. It was time for our test, a serious intelligence test as we call it "APTITUDE". We went together, for our numbers followed one after the other,19 and 20.
We successfully completed the mission of writing and was sent back for another period of waiting for results.
We went to the canteen for we were hungry and had to wait even there. We ordered ourselves two plates of meals and sat down to quench our thirst of hunger and anger. Complaining that the food was not so delicious a question struck me,
-"By the way what's your name?". 
How foolish of me not knowing the name and not telling mine, We managed to converse for 2 to 3 hours. We introduced ourselves formally and started walking to the devil, the results. We were asked to be seated in the auditorium, as the results were to be announced there. We went in and as usual the result was expected, we failed. We turned back to reach our nests and happened to travel in the same bus(for a distance), exchanged numbers and departed on our course. 

© 2017 Manasa.L


Author's Note

Manasa.L
I may have lost the battle but I have won a heart and that was Amreen Anjum my new friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jobs my come and Go but Friendships can last a lifetime worth the chance.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Manasa.L

4 Years Ago

Yes and I love making friends
Your new friend may well be a great blessing.
Sounds to me like one successful day.
Congratulations, Manasa!


Posted 6 Years Ago


Manasa.L

6 Years Ago

Thank you.....:)
There are little mistakes, not intentional, hope so....well am sorry to make critiques..
I enjoyed your story, you won a friend it's more than a job, sometimes....:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Manasa.L

7 Years Ago

Thank you Surya. You are always welcome to make critics.
Surya

7 Years Ago

It's my pleasure indeed..:)
Regarding the second paragraph, when writing Dialogue, always begin a new paragraph when a new character speaks.
The third paragraph I think needs the word 'We' put in before the word 'successfully'.
When you mention the line 'By the way whats your name?' - Change the font to italic style because this is a thought process.

All the above is their for guidance, do with it as you will. All i ever try to do is help others, nothing more, nothing less.

I really did enjoy the story and I left wonderingif there is more to come of this friendship which you have created. It would be good to see you follow it on.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Good to hear.
It was a pleasure to have read this piece.
Mark.
Manasa.L

7 Years Ago

Thank you Mark
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

No need to thank me.
I thank you for putting this piece on show.

Mark.
You have narrated the story beautifully, with great flow. No boring spots, just a simple event, told briskly, crisply. I'd say that day you did not lose, only gained. You gained a friend and experience too.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Manasa.L

7 Years Ago

Sure I did thank you to stop by and for those beautiful words
Thats destiny or you may even call it the fate. Wish you good luck to make it count in the next interview. Bless You :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Manasa.L

7 Years Ago

Thank you SKY

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on March 17, 2017

Author

Manasa.L
Manasa.L

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India



About
I am a music lover and a software programmer. I write to express my feelings, thoughts and try to put in positive attitude in my readers. more..

Writing
This is me This is me

A Poem by Manasa.L



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Masks Masks

A Poem by Jes' Pi


Schoolgirl Schoolgirl

A Poem by Jes' Pi


Willpower Willpower

A Poem by Tabby Mac


I love you I love you

A Chapter by Jes' Pi