hospital

hospital

A Poem by amanda

i woke up to sirens
as they took you away,
i screamed mommy
daddy told me you were having lung issues
when i came to visit
 you told me you had lied to me all these years
you told me you smoke and had been for years
i act strong for you
but inside its tearing my soul apart
i feel alone
and i want to cry
for you had lied
lied

© 2012 amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

All the emotions expressed in this piece.... Beautifully written! I was holding my breath the entire time and didn't even realize it until I finished reading. When a piece of writing does that to me, that's when I know it's truly something special. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amanda

11 Years Ago

aww thx



Reviews

This is very emotive, I could picture this like a scene in front of me. Great imagery, the readers feel the distress. My only critique is the lack of capital letters and commas etc, the commas would help the flow a lot. Keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


All the emotions expressed in this piece.... Beautifully written! I was holding my breath the entire time and didn't even realize it until I finished reading. When a piece of writing does that to me, that's when I know it's truly something special. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amanda

11 Years Ago

aww thx
This is a very emotional piece. I can feel the hurt, you express. A simple, yet strong write. Very well done ^_^

Posted 11 Years Ago


a visit in the hospital is always sad and can tear one's soul apart. It is sad.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very emotional and raw piece, this is the kernel of some good writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can feel all the emotions you spilled out writing this... Confusion, anger, despair, it's all there. Great job... This is very very well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


such a deep emotional read, nicely expressed

Posted 11 Years Ago


very impressive

a little repetetive at times, but I like how you used the POV of the child

Posted 11 Years Ago


This seems like raw emotion spilled out, which is beautiful in and of itself. This is honestly where poetry should start, and what most people lack. However, this is is the slab of marble that will be a masterpiece. Always start by writing what you feel, then read it aloud, edit it clip it, alter the diction and syntax to make it flow and better convey the meaning expressed. the one liner end is great, however some of the wording is clunky, when in doubt remember :less is more. dont be afraid to be vague and leave room for the reader to mentally fill in gaps. For example, you start with a pattern of lines starting with "I" split up with a line. continuing that pattern throughout would knit it together nicely.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012

Author

amanda
amanda

About
im a 12 year old girl i started poetry in fifth grade and i used to throw them away because nobody read them so im glad i now have people who like writing as much as i do more..

Writing
alice alice

A Chapter by amanda


jake jake

A Chapter by amanda


josh josh

A Chapter by amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A friend in You A friend in You

A Poem by Pax


Alone Alone

A Poem by Pax