APPLE BLOSSOMS IN THE RAIN

APPLE BLOSSOMS IN THE RAIN

A Story by mandy
"

memories

"
APPLE BLOSSOMS IN THE RAIN

When I was a little girl,,,we had apple trees in the back yard,,,,,they produced little green tart apples,,,,good with a little salt sprinkled on them,,,,,but, the special thing about those apple trees was, when they were blooming, they were absolutely beautiful,, and when it rained the fragrance of the blossoms was greatly enhanced. The little country school that I attended was a mile and a half from our home, and often, I cut through the neighboring farmers fields, instead of sticking to the road. When I approached those trees in my back yard, right after a summer shower, the air was redolent with the sweet smell of those wet blossoms. I will never forget that fragrance.

© 2014 mandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful short story. I like the description of the apple tree and the good memory. The simple things we cannot forget. Allow us to go back in time. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014

Author

mandy
mandy

FL



About
i have lived in michigan and florida. married to a guitar playing man. i enjoy writing poems and songs. also, bowling and card playing..am a big nascar fan, and like hockey. more..

Writing
funny guys funny guys

A Poem by mandy