Ilai

Ilai

A Story by Anormaldog
"

Ilai is about a pact between 2 men and what impact this has on their lives.

"
Rain was pouring on the T.P mansion. The moist droplets of water mare it slippery and not necessarily wet but less pale. This rhythm was stirred on by the humming of the old grandfather clock. From inside, the slow click of birds could be heard.

No light was going through the windows and some were cracked. One could enter by knocking on the front lever which had the shape of wings. They were in turn made of silver with the T.P initials engraved in each one. This frugal image was completed by 2 eyes glued to one of the windows.

They were brown and sprung each time a molecule moved inside. The man those eyes were attached to was wet and cold. So much so, that even his name Firemouth Ilici was feeling the temperature. Everybody called him Ilai. He dribbled on the window thinking about those inside.

Their voices were so sweet. Their tongues were sharp, just like the nails he had pointing in the window frame.
He observed the man's wrinkles , his 2 rings and a missing middle finger.
Next to him stood 2 blonde girls with big blue eyes.

He snuck inside. It was damp except the 3 shadows next to a fire. They were surrounded by pigeons and breadcrumbs. Two swans and an eagle lazily stretched their Wings
'Come in Ilai. I knew it was You. Take a seat.
Ilai closed the distance and sat next to them. One of the swans moved to his lap and he brushed it on its back.
How was your trip?

'I managed to do what You asked. Do you have the letter?
'Here It is. Now tell me about the camp.
'It was big and surrounded by guards. All of them armed. All of them fierce. Some where looking at me in a strange way. I bribed one of them to reach Madam's black tent. I....I....gave it to her.

She looked at it and said your friend is mistaken. This will not pass but it will get tighter. And when it will be around his neck, and blood will gush, he will have to give her up.
'I mean I would do it. You already gave it a finger why not An...
'Yes Ilai, but I am not an old fool like you. Now get out, you have your letter.
Slowly Ilai moved out of the house with his precious document.

© 2017 Anormaldog


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on June 27, 2017
Last Updated on June 28, 2017
Tags: Family, house, witch, fire, birds