Word Wizard

Word Wizard

A Story by Margie F
"

Story of my friend, Dee

"

This is a tale spun by a gifted wizard of words. Flying around the world knitting together thoughts and ideas to create mental pictures of his exploits and misadventures. He starts with the basis of his beginning, Zimbabwe--his birthplace. Whether he realizes it or not, his homeland provides vibrant color to his stories, for there parts of him remain and visions of a future home are being built. His magic will forever be colored by this magical place.

 

With diamonds in his eyes, he wisps away over beautiful green terrain and blue oceans stretching further than the eye can see. Weather temperatures change from location to location, sometimes putting a chill in his bones that can only be warmed by a strong drink in a English or Scottish pub with the company of friends from years past.

 

The streets of Harlem USA surely never the same after this virtuoso painted the town red. A Manhattan cab and recovered cell phone led him to the generosity and gratitude of one business professional along with the hope that one day someone would pay forward the honesty and effort he had given to return the lost item. The "land of dreams" did not disappoint and left a desire to one day return or at the very least, fulfill a dream of his own.

 

A lover of history, he passionately weaves the stories of ages past into his magical, mental photos. Espionage, fallen dictators, war hungry lands trump all other stories. He begins drawing a portrait where people are unmoved by history and destined to make the same mistakes again, and of walls that will divide a people who have throughout history been united. Those once invited to join "the land of the free and home of the brave" are greeted with greed and hate by a faction being led by a self-proclaimed "All Powerful Oz." He still maintains a love and hope for this wayward nation.

 

So the wizard begins his decent where he will be reunited with those who fuel his journey. Beautiful children who make his eyes twinkle and fill his heart full of hope and promise for the future. He hopes to connect with a dream of his own to encourage his little ones to chase their dreams. No doubt they already see a completed dream in their wizard daddy. Perhaps their vision will help light the way to his next journey and future portraits made of words.

© 2019 Margie F


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the concept of the word wizard. Would be nice to have one touch our mind. Make us go wild with creation. I did enjoy the tale. I believe, many things to make us write. I like song and reading. Thank you Margie for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Margie F

5 Years Ago

This was an intentional assignment challenged by a friend of mine, but I actually used real details .. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You did well Margie.



Reviews

In these times of strife, it's so refreshing for someone to write about the immigration scene without rancor. I agonize over the bad treatment of immigrants, but I'm also sick of the strident outrage that drones on & on. I realize strident outrage is justified & necessary, but I'm just sick of hearing it. To me, this is another way to go & I prefer it greatly. These are the kinds of messages that stay in the humanity & avoid the outrage, so that you build bridges of communication with what you want to write about. This is taking lemons & making lemonade which attracts readers instead of repelling some who may disagree (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the concept of the word wizard. Would be nice to have one touch our mind. Make us go wild with creation. I did enjoy the tale. I believe, many things to make us write. I like song and reading. Thank you Margie for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Margie F

5 Years Ago

This was an intentional assignment challenged by a friend of mine, but I actually used real details .. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You did well Margie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2019
Last Updated on March 5, 2019
Tags: challenge, friends, dreams, penpal, international

Author

Margie F
Margie F

GA



About
Artist, writer, and anything I want to be. My writing is original, and I DO NOT give consent for it to be copied, distributed or used in any way. more..

Writing
Regret Regret

A Poem by Margie F


Two Shots Two Shots

A Poem by Margie F


Yet Again Yet Again

A Poem by Margie F



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..