And Here's To Goodbyes

And Here's To Goodbyes

A Story by Mariah Dinneen
"

Just a hard goodbye I had to say, I am sure everyone once in their life can relate.

"

 And in that moment i stood there so blankly, not a smile on my face, not a look in my eyes, not even blood flowing in my veins. I was right all along. I stood there watching you choose her, watching you walk away like everything meant nothing. I have never felt so numb to a pain so real before, but i finally saw it. I finally saw the one thing I had never hoped I’d see, I saw you choose her.

  I didn’t want to see the things I did that night, but as I watched you disappear into the darkness with her, I had realized that your heart was still trapped in what you used to have. I realized that although I might have been great, she would always have the greater impact on you. She would always be the girl you had pictured your future with, she would always be your girl. Maybe at the end of the night she wouldn’t really be the one on your mind, but her imprint on you meant something and you still haven’t given up on that something. You’re so afraid to move forward, because if you do you know she’ll be gone forever. And deep down you know that if you move on someone else might get the chance to love her better than you did, and its not about how bad you want her its all about making sure she doesn’t move on. About making sure no one else’s love could ever top yours. 

   In that moment I knew that we were done, that it had finally come to the time in my life where I would say goodbye to someone I had hoped would be in my life forever. I believe that you know when the right time to say goodbye is, and in that moment my goodbye was real.. my goodbye was the right time, and although it hurt like hell.. I knew it was the right time. I knew that in his heart he might have felt something for me, but what he felt for her was much stronger. It was a feeling he just couldn’t void. I saw him choose her, and although I still wanted more of his attention and more of his love I knew that it was time to say goodbye. A part of him still loved her, and since a part of him loved her I had to pick myself up and make sure that I was open for someone who could love me with everything inside of them. 

  A part of me will always have a soft spot for this one, but since all of him couldn’t love all of me I knew that deep down he wasn’t the one for me. I wanted him to be I really wanted him to be and that’s what hurts.. But my goodbye came so easily knowing that I needed someone who can be willing to love all of me, someone who I can trust to not go back to what used to be. Someone who was wiling to make me their forever, and my forever wasn’t you. 


    And I’ve truly never had a goodbye that was as hard as this one.

© 2017 Mariah Dinneen


Author's Note

Mariah Dinneen
Leave me reviews and let me know how my writing is, I appreciate the info for my continue to be a good writer!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nicely penned. Especially this line,
"Someone who was wiling to make me their forever, and my forever wasn’t you. "
Wow. *claps*
Your writing is so deep and has reality embossed in them. Very well-written. :)


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mariah Dinneen

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I try to be as deep as I can get, writings my way of doing so.
Ghania

6 Years Ago

Good Luck...............:P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on September 20, 2017
Tags: love, goodbye

Author

Mariah Dinneen
Mariah Dinneen

Roseburg, OR



About
This is the way I feel things, from deep into my mind all the way to my darkest thoughts in the middle of the night. more..

Writing