Tempest

Tempest

A Story by Maria Prikhodko
"

A stormy night.

"
The clouds above Veera oozed and billowed across the awakening sun, casting the meadow into a shadowy darkness. A jagged bolt of lightning ripped the sky in half and she began to run, wincing as each icy raindrop pierced her skin. The violent wind whipped the auburn hair around her face and tears mixed with rain as a numbing coldness gripped her heart. Thunder rolled across the sky, seeming to crack the world in half and reveal the fury of the gods. It reverberated around the green landscape, eerily echoing as the she desperately tried to stop furious horse….

Above the grass, wind swept, spun hurricane vortices as she was whipped in the face with dust and small stones she rushed after the enraged horse, that galloped madly, flying forward- straining back- epitomized escape from death.

Blazing lightning raked the sky as the heavenly dome cracked and fell apart, lightning bursted huge veins of infinity, in the mythical battle against the night. Again and again it tightened the gaping wounds quickly with velvet darkness.

The first drops of rain splashed on the ground.

Suddenly the sounds in the meadow rose and broke as the sky fell into an endless abyss.

Dropping the reins, she firmly grabbed the horse’s neck, which galloped aimlessly, driven by atrocious fear. Veera pressed her face against soft mane. At this moment she was a beast, a chase, a nightmare.

Veera screamed into the night! She was a part of this insane moment. Air bursted with sounds, lights and fear. Time stopped for Veera. Everything clenched in a mad tangle. Raindrops pierced her skin, like thousands of needles. Aggravated her senses, made them even more sensitive, made her even more wild, merging with night.

Words drowned in the storm. It was so powerful it took all the energy from two strong creatures, who never kneeled for anyone. The beautiful, vulturous, ardent woman screamed. The stallion, broken by fatigue, raced on never stopping nor slowing. Veera fell from the horse's back and hit the ground as she tried to catch her breath. Veera’s thoughts, a bottomless pit of fear and exhaustion.

Her eyes shutted closed.The rain stopped falling yet the night still won. Wounds from the battle were healed by the millions of stars, bringing peace. Moonlight shined its mysterious light on the ground that awaited for a new beginning.

© 2016 Maria Prikhodko


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a fine storyteller.
"Her eyes shutted closed.The rain stopped falling yet the night still won. Wounds from the battle were healed by the millions of stars, bringing peace. Moonlight shined its mysterious light on the ground that awaited for a new beginning."
You create situation, wild ride and new beginning with the lines above. Thank you for sharing the excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Maria Prikhodko

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Wind, lightning, grass and hair blowing about--you've depicted a dynamic, high energy scene capable of grabbing a tight hold on the reader. Quite a good job, I think. One small suggestion, though. You used the word "pierce" twice in describing how it struck the skin. If you'd change one of them to "stung" or something similar, I think it'd be better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Maria Prikhodko

8 Years Ago

Sure. Thank you for spotting that out :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: #lightnings, #running, #storm, #madness

Author

Maria Prikhodko
Maria Prikhodko

Brisbane , Australia



About
Someone who is exploring the art of writing. more..

Writing
Cure Cure

A Story by Maria Prikhodko



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Kind Of Man My Kind Of Man

A Poem by KAREN


Railroaded! Railroaded!

A Poem by Dara


Strange Visitor Strange Visitor

A Story by Dave