This Kind Of Lovin'

This Kind Of Lovin'

A Poem by Mark
"

Sometimes Sorrow is the greatest unifier, and listening the greatest proof...

"

THIS KIND OF LOVIN'

Wiping your tears away with my cheek,
Choking back sobs, as you 'tween sobs speak
Of the pains you have felt, and even yet feel:
This kind of lovin' is real

We trust one another, but don't trust ourselves
As our secretest secrets climb down off their shelves.
I can now strike the cobwebs from my heart and proclaim,
"My Love has at last got a name!"

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Mark,
You have written one of the most expressive poems paying tribute to true love's true expression; that enduring quality that can only be viewed as we are sharing the pain an agony with the one we are committed to. I can full well empathize with your expressions written here as they reflect a similar relationship I share with my wife. Your poem comes in 2nd to its earlier version: 'For better or for worse. In sickness or in health. Till death do us part."
Lar


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I read this personally...and my eye is caught by the line, 'As our secretest secrets climb down off their shelves.' Perhaps some poems are prophetic or warnings to the reader to modify his or her behaviour, or else. I know it is a peripheral conseqeunce, but I now have a strong vision of shelves, and shelves where all the worlds secrets are housed -- a sort of Switzerland for secrets. Anyway that is a great line that many cld relate to. Reading it to try and get into your mind I think you capture some very tender feelings in a simple but well executed poem.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seems you've come to a turing point where sadness has gone or lessened and, finally you can say ' "My Love has at last got a name!"

Isn't it strange how reviewers can love a piece of writing but, see different facets to it! We see with our own unique minds and hearts .. nobody right, nobody wrong.. but, it's only the writer who really knows.

Thank you so much for sharing..




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can feel the emotion in this and it feels like regret
I like the emotion you have put in this.
Well written and so expressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't know about the other reviewers, but I feel you have captured the essence of two people feeling each others emotions.....The biblical sense of "Being one" as husband and wife....when one is heartbroken, the other feel it too, likewise with other emotions. Very concise and succinct.

Good job my friend.

Markymark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Mark!
This sounds full of regret, and seems to take a look back at moments shared that cannot be, as it has a yearning feel to it. And, the thought of you wiping someone's tears away with your cheek is just so sweet and sentimental!
It is brief, as Ellen has noted, but yet it holds a message of importance for someone, that has a name in the end of things.......
Well done, as always! I don't know when your poems are anything but brilliant!
Your Friend,
Sheil


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and sweet but says a lot...great meter and rhyme too. I really like this one Mark.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

938 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 4, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writing, for me, has always been the friend who brought out the best in me, and who would never argue with me, except when necessary to point out my many obvious inconsistancies. Writing and.. more..

Writing
K-20 K-20

A Poem by Mark


This Son Of God This Son Of God

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..