My Wedding Vows

My Wedding Vows

A Poem by Marquise
"

I was on a writers break due to falling in love. :-) These are the vows I said to my wife...hope you like them as much as I loved them.

"

My Vows

“I've been to heaven once, I've felt heaven, and I've been heaven before.”

I never understood those words before from a Poet named Ms.Wise, until I met you. 

You make me believe I'm capable of achieving anything without saying a word. 

You've held me close in my best and darkest days. 

I vow to always hold you in your best and worse as well. 

I vow to pass on the traditions from your family, my family, and the traditions we create together to our children. 

We will teach our children to climb trees to build their confidence like your father taught you.

We will teach our children about love. We will show them love even through pain.

I promise to get on your nerves sometimes and do my best to resolve any issues. 

You are my wife and my best friend, but you are also a daughter, a sister, a niece, and friend to many. I will help you manage and live up to all of those roles.

My grandmother never once told me she loved me, but I always felt love through her eyes until her last day.

I will love you like my favorite Aunt who hugged and kissed me every time she saw me as if she hadn't seen me in years. 

I didn't understand what I had until they were gone. 

The loved they passed on to me will be my strength. 

The love we build will be my foundation. 

Our family and friends who pray for us in secret will be our strength. 

And when there are times I don't understand how to love you I will call on God for help, not our friends and family.

I don't know how to be a good husband; I've never been one before. 

I don't know how to be a good brother to your sisters, a good son to your mother and father, 

or a good parent to the kids we will have one day. 

But I know what being in love with you is. 

And I know what believing in a God who provides all things is. 
Thanks to you, I know what a taste of heaven is. 

Love is God, love on earth is heaven, and you are that heaven to me.

You make me feel like heaven. 

I promise for better or for worse, even if we go through hell I won't allow that hell to touch our 

heaven.

I've felt love before...through strangers and friends...

I've felt heaven through my mother and father, 

through my grandmothers and aunts and uncles...

and with you here now I have love and heaven,

I have everything...and I vow to give you everything that I have till death do us part.

© 2014 Marquise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
"I know what being in love with you is."

What a beautiful vow! I believed that we might not know everything in this world, one thing we know the most when we have found it. and you did, you found love, the love that brings you heaven, that amazing feeling to be cherish and be cherished back. The love of mutual bond, the love that pulls strings together.

The journey have just began, goodluck, best wishes...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marquise

9 Years Ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
"I know what being in love with you is."

What a beautiful vow! I believed that we might not know everything in this world, one thing we know the most when we have found it. and you did, you found love, the love that brings you heaven, that amazing feeling to be cherish and be cherished back. The love of mutual bond, the love that pulls strings together.

The journey have just began, goodluck, best wishes...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marquise

9 Years Ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2014
Last Updated on January 14, 2014
Tags: wedding, vows, poetry, love, marriage, promises

Author

Marquise
Marquise

Philadelphia, PA



About
I don't consider myself a writer because I don't write often, but I have trouble putting words together when I want to express myself verbally. Writing is the one way I can do this successfully. I lov.. more..

Writing