The Story of Us

The Story of Us

A Poem by LittleMissSunshine :)
"

An old boyfriend of mine. We ended up working much better as friend than we ever would have as a couple.

"

 

She has style                                     

He has swag

She takes her heart seriously.        

He plays love like a game

They catch each other’s eye

They fight                           and lie.

Drowning in lust and deceitfulness.

lost in love

not sure where to go.

Love and fascination

finally drawing them together.

bonded by understanding.

Laughs

Sweet Kisses

arguing about nothing in particular

The clock is ticking, relationship dwindling.

 

Similarities  force                     them                 apart

Hurt raging through the air like electricity.

 

 

Compromise calms the storm

puts their hearts back into their perspective places

back into place.

Torn apart and mended,

maybe not as close,

but never far apart.

 

© 2011 LittleMissSunshine :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Relationships are living and breathing they expand and contract daily but when handled correctly they can last forever. This poem toys with relationships and how couples come together and pull apart but remain as one. I think the structure of this poem represented the way some relationships can look a little chaos but with an under line of order to it. I have one or two suggestions... Meter, Meter, Meter and Meter for one or finding that pulse in your poem where meter wont matter because each line will flow into the next. Personally I hate meter, counting syllables takes away from my creative spirit but I write to music like the rolling stones or jimi hendrix see those groups have my pulse.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so filled with the painful feeling of separation.. the struggle to stay.. to love.. to make it last... I always had to wonder if anything more could have been done.. or if it just wasn't meant to be.. So glad you're still friends.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Relationships - not for me very much - a lot of turmoil - such is life. Well written and dramatic. I liked it. Daniel.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ky
Wow. I understand the imagery yet its hard to put that understanding into words. Your text flow is interesting. Another great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


You see these kind of poems on WC a lot, but atleast there is some sort of happy ending through this. At first I was irritated by the line:
Similarities force them apart
because I felt it broke the rhythm, but then I saw the words and saw what you were getting at. Pretty good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A story with a good ending
Friends are hard to come by
Lovely!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is so great i loved the first stanza a lot ..


Posted 12 Years Ago


your alliteration took me through a rollercoaster ride. The imagery is very clairvoyant. i feel as though you really sat down and worked on this with a good ethic.
I definitely like the form, the sentence structure is really rad :)
fave line:
Similarities force them apart

I could also summarize this review with "wow", but it'd give me less points.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Relationships are living and breathing they expand and contract daily but when handled correctly they can last forever. This poem toys with relationships and how couples come together and pull apart but remain as one. I think the structure of this poem represented the way some relationships can look a little chaos but with an under line of order to it. I have one or two suggestions... Meter, Meter, Meter and Meter for one or finding that pulse in your poem where meter wont matter because each line will flow into the next. Personally I hate meter, counting syllables takes away from my creative spirit but I write to music like the rolling stones or jimi hendrix see those groups have my pulse.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on July 28, 2011

Author

LittleMissSunshine :)
LittleMissSunshine :)

Yukon, OK



About
Starting over. I want to grow in my poetry, and I'm young, so I have a lot to do. I'm a simple minded girl, especially when it comes to poetry, althought that isn't to say that I am not smart, or a .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


In your eyes In your eyes

A Poem by sarah