Take a Leap

Take a Leap

A Story by Flutterby89
"

an out take from my mind and experiences

"

Sometimes risks have to be taken, dreams have to be pursued, and sometimes you need to take a gamble with your life on the whim that you’re following that yearning deep in your heart, your passion for an unprecedented experience of frivolity.

You’re searching for something and you don’t even know what it is, but it remains unfulfilled and vacant. You put everything you know to be true on the line, you take a bottomless breath and leap, with just the feigned hope of landing on your feet, with consideration of the risk bthat you may not, but with the conviction that on your descent you would have exuded a scrumptious breath of the elation of life.


I remember the first time I was awoken at 5am to the unnerving sound of cockatoos and genuinely believed it was someone being delighted intensely or on the contrary. I poked my head out of my tent and looked up at the green forestry around me, with rays of sunshine coming through the natural fragmentation of the trees. I looked up into a tree and there was an intriguing animal clutching a dwarf clone of itself, later I found out this was a koala. I rolled out of the tent and felt the 30 degree heat burning on my back; I ran and leapt into the refreshing enticing river.


This was a ‘mundane’ daily occurrence for me, one week prior to this my daily occurrence consisted of, waking up to my alarm at 0530 am, rapidly tiptoeing to the bathroom to avoid being overcome by the taunting cold, jumping in the shower and rushing out the door to face the darkness of the winter morning and begin my hasty 3 mile cycle to the train station. Once on the train at 0633am I join the rest of the commuters, following the same monotonous drudgery every day as I do. I sit and look around me and have a feeling of being trapped, or if you like surrounded by minds that genuinely believe that this lifestyle makes them happy, perhaps not even happy but just satisfied. Which in turn makes me think that I’m slightly absurd for wanting something else, if the majority appear to collectively through their actions agree this is appropriate, who I am disagree.


I don’t know whether I’m just feeding into an idealistic world, where living without the containment of society makes you feel free, in a way that allows you to feel like you aren’t just in robotic mode, but that your freedom of choice is an infusion that you taste each day. Equilibrium is something we all strive to reach for.


I understand that happiness is a state of mind, so surely this can be procured regardless as to where you are, if you can look at yourself, and be content in your state of happiness then I reckon you’re doing alright. If not then perhaps contemplate taking a leap, and not necessarily moving country but by trying something new, slightly adapting your mindset to appreciate each day, looking for beauty in things where you feel there’s none to be found, start to pursue your passions and begin to live not just exist.

© 2014 Flutterby89


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Flutterby89
I am an amateur at writing, and this is my first attempt/post, please be gentle haha.

Honestly I need some positive/negative constructive feedback for my piece.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: travel, inspiration, tube, camping

Author

Flutterby89
Flutterby89

United Kingdom



About
Here to get inspired and express my self in a very real and vulnerable way more..

Writing