The End At the Beginning

The End At the Beginning

A Story by Matchbox Of Music
"

I imagined the reaction of everyone once I didn't show up to this morning classes. Stepping into my room, they'll find the letter, run to the pool and try to save me. However, by this time, I'll already be with Damian.

"

"You're not going to back down now, are you?"

His voice pierced my ears like sunrays through black, stormy clouds.

I slid my eyes up from the smooth surface of the pool to Damian. He stood there, arms crossed, lips quirked and eyes sparkling- just like he always had.

"We started this together, Gabby. Both of us have to end it together." He strode to me. Elegant-like. I suppose it was more of a strut than anything. He could be such snot sometimes.

"What do you mean? Start what?"

"This. The reason you're here. The reason I'm not. It all started the day we met. That moment set everything in motion. We were destined to be together and stay together. Nothing can tear us apart- I won't allow it."

"Does it really have to end like this, though?"

"Do you want my father to split us up?"

"No, of course not."

"Then do what needs to be done and end our suffering."

I nodded. Damian was right. It has to be this way. I stepped off the end and the water swallowed me up with no hesitation, giving a pucker of satisfaction. I slipped down to the bottom, and looking up I saw Damian staring down at me.

I let the air out of my lungs and sank faster. I hit the bottom, the designs of sunlight through water wiggling like something alive.

I imagined the reaction of everyone once I didn't show up to this morning classes. Stepping into my room, they'll find the letter, run to the pool and try to save me. However, by this time, I'll already be with Damian.

My chest was burning now. I brought my knees up and trapped my arms in between. Air kept escaping and not returning. Spots exploded in front of my eyes, like a camera flash had gone off. My vision narrowed, black creeping up the edges of my sight.

"You're hesitating, Gabby. You can't hesitate. There are no other choices now. Do it."

I breathed in, the water filling up my lungs. It hurt. It hurt so bad I had no hesitation about dying now. I just wanted the pain to go away.

"It will be ok soon. I promise. It won't hurt anymore. Nothing will." Damian soothed me. Though it calmed me, the pain was still there- burning, eating me alive. Why is it taking so long? Why does it have to take so long?

Then, just like that, it didn't hurt. It was gone. And just like that, so was I

 

© 2008 Matchbox Of Music


Author's Note

Matchbox Of Music
An excerpt from a story in the making....maybe....if I ever finish like anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on August 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 6, 2008

Author

Matchbox Of Music
Matchbox Of Music

Boise, ID



About
21-year-old born and raised Idahoian. Born in Pocatello, now living (or trying to) in Boise, I attempt to better my writing and move forward in such a fashion that people will wonder what the hell I'm.. more..

Writing