forbidden fruit

forbidden fruit

A Story by Doux Polverenere
"

The end

"
In some lifetime perhaps, if I met me, I wouldn't trust me too.
But I learned to trust myself in this one; you should learn to trust me too.
The Good Lord has favor even on imperfect men, who seek do things in his way.
He alone can judge his creation. He knows my beginning and end.
You leaving is no different from death- another dream coming to an end, another one coming to life. Different route, same lane.. I could tell she did not understand.
There was Silence in her heart, silence in her mind. Silence in her spirit.
I mourned for I had given her the forbidden fruit; Supposedly.
And now she knew the difference between my evil and my good.
I stood up knowing what will come. In our seasons of love.
It was hot, it was cold, it was in between.
I told her to wait while got the fire wood in the forest. When I came back she was gone.
If only people where willing to wait. No one has the brain of a tortoise.
At the end we only human...
Who can blame her for not wanting to wait; no one wants to spend all these cold nights alone. Listening to the same whispers from the lonely song...
The owl hoots ; the forest comes to life. The breath of night fades;
Far at the edge towards the north, I sense a holy gaze.
An orange sun melting fragments of the sky..behind a sea of clouds; stained with grey.
Stained, without so much of a sign of rain.

© 2017 Doux Polverenere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 6, 2017
Last Updated on November 6, 2017
Tags: philosophy, romance, sadness

Author

Doux Polverenere
Doux Polverenere

polokwane, dendron, South Africa



About
PolvereNere( Italian for Black Dust),a writer of philosophy, simplistic poems and stories. I write with the wave of my life experiences and the voice within me. I am nothing more than A forgotten sou.. more..

Writing