Aladdin?!

Aladdin?!

A Story by Moyo
"

My version of the story of Aladdin.

"

            Aladdin tiptoed his way through the marble walkways of the illustrious garden. Shrouded by the velvet cloak of nightfall, he crept past the negligent watches, forty in total. Slithering under a flowering shrub and rushing over to an encrusted sign, the virile young man maneuvered the loose plaque until it plucked from the wall and Aladdin crawled in backwards through the breach.

            Contrary to what he anticipated, his secret entry hadn’t been discovered, and once again found himself in her private quarters. The royal chamber was empty, lifeless, except for a resonating splash of dripping water.

            The lion-hearted youth continued forward, controlling every subtle movement, creeping cautiously. He peered through the burgundy drapery hanging from the arched doorway and searched the expansive antechamber for some place to hide.

            A voice sang, sweet soprano, “I can’t deny that you’re the one for me…” followed by a mellow hum.

            On his hands and knees, the boy scampered, heading straight for the anterior chamber. Aladdin stood with his back to the wall, gasping for breath, next to the jade curtained entry.

            “You and I, we’re meant to be…” the vocalist continued.

He slid through the curtain, slowly gliding with a predator’s pace, stealthily. A fragrance tantalized his nostrils. A fresh scent, the smell of skin just out of the bath, stirred his senses.

Only a few feet away, inside the bathing chamber, the graceful silhouette of his prey stood staring from the ivory bathtub. A silver bath sheet embraced her tanned figure, conforming to the wet outline of her body. Her legs -- long, lean, graceful, full of sinewy muscle and smooth skin -- sauntered down the tiled steps of the stone dais. Behind the veil of long, black hair, a pair of chocolate speckled emeralds examined Aladdin from head to toe. She stylishly drew a rapier from a sheath adorning the walls and aimed the tip at his heart. “You have seen more than just my face.” She said, placing the blade under his chin. “You should be dead right now.”

“Forgive me princess,” Aladdin stammered, standing helpless against the marble wall, remaining immobile. “I couldn’t bare it any longer, I just had to see you.”

“Only the one that will be my husband may see me just as I am now.” She stared at him, studying the desire of his dark brown eyes. “And my father, if he knew you were here, he’d have you torn limb from limb.”

“For breaking this law, I would surely give up my life,” he reached for her hand, forcing the blade deeper into his skin, “but I’d rather that you end my life here and now.”

“Let me go!”

“You won’t do it, will you?” He said, letting go of her.

The clang of steel ricocheted off the marble walls and they both looked down at the floor where the sword was. He gradually approached her staring straight into her eyes. She gradually moved back until she reached the wall, patting for another sword.

A shuddery sensation ran down her spine and her body stood stiff and unresponsive. All she could hear was her chest beating abnormally as her lips were subdued by Aladdin’s.

The slap of skin echoed through the room.

Aladdin’s eyes flew open.

“I arrive home after being out all morning, hoping to come into a tidy house, but I find it to be the same as this morning.” A middle-aged woman spoke. “Look at this mess, didn’t I tell you to clean the house?”

“Mother, I was getting to the best part, why’d you wake me?”

“Best part of what?”

“Nothing, never mind.”

“Well, you better hurry up and at least clean this room,” she said, picking up a few pieces of clothing off the floor, “I need you to go to the market for me.”

Then she was gone.

Alone now, Aladdin laid his head on the windowsill, gazing at the spherical towers and the complex design of the sultan’s palace, wishing that he were there again. Shifting uncomfortably through the covers, he pictured the scene his mind had made up, wondering if it was even possible. Could a commoner and a princess ever fall in love?

He stumbled to his feet almost tripping over his sandals. Thoughts of his fantasy still raced through his head, grabbing his attention. The only wish he had was that the task ahead of him, all that cleaning, would somehow fix itself.

© 2010 Moyo


Author's Note

Moyo
This was just something I wrote when I had nothing else to write. It was jsut for fun, but what do you think? Should I continue? Feel free to comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

After the horrifying tentacle story I just unfortunately read (don't ask), this little story is a big breath of fresh air! Your descriptions of the setting and surroundings were rich and familiar, although I was a little put off pace by the description of the princesses's eyes. However, I can't help wanting more to the story. Please, write more!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good interpretation.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2010
Last Updated on April 29, 2010
Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Arabian Nights, Fairy Tale

Author

Moyo
Moyo

San Bernardino, CA



About
When I'm not playing the guitar, composing music, or just singing, I like reading and writing. I have to say that my favorite genre is romance. I know that it's weird for a guy, but what can I say, I .. more..

Writing
Let Me Let Me

A Poem by Moyo


Only You Only You

A Poem by Moyo