How to Know

How to Know

A Poem by mcg03002
"

Yet another poem about what's on my mind lately...love.

"

When everything I see reminds me of you;

When all that I am hopes you’ll be true;

When everything I do brings your face to mind;

That’s when I know I’m in love.

 

Because my heart aches when you’re not by my side;

And breaks when I hear that you've cried;

Because just to see you brings hope back again;

That’s how I know I’m in love.

 

The person who loves you can see past your faults;

And brings to your life new resolve;

They’ll help you to see that you still have some worth;

That’s how I know you’re in love.

© 2010 mcg03002


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

mcg03002
Have at it guys. It's pretty basic and could use some doctoring up. I'm open to suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed that poem. Very cute. Very effective to have that "That's how I know I'm in love" Change to "You're in love" I thought that was really cool. Very meaning full. Not quiet "deep" so to say (In my opinion) . But it does have that aspect of seriousness to it. Nice. Really enjoyed that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's great to see some more classic poetry is still being written.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it just the way it is! Beautiful, full of love!

Posted 13 Years Ago


oehh nice poem..like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah basic and simple but the effect is still powerful. When you wrote this, I'd say, love was dripping through your pen, filling the page. There's so much love to give and the person, whom the persona was referring to, could be drowned in heavenly bliss. Inspirational! Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked the theme but you let your meter slip. I guess love interferes with concentration

Posted 13 Years Ago


Simple, but effective. I am not in any way trying to take away from your work as an artist, however your generalizations of love are not a true testament to your ability as a poet; judging from your other writing. I liked the poem. You, as an artist, is more than what you have here. That's enough of my bitchy constructive criticism. I must say your rhyming pattern of aabc creates a persistency of emotion, just as the piece as a whole towards the subject matter. A skilful trait in the least! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think the simplicty of this poem is what gives it its charm. It read very much like a song; it has a lyrical quality. A little on the mawkish side but then "That’s how I know you’re in love" !!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is a great description of how love should be. There is the longing for the other, and the reciprocation of this joint feeling. The knowing that you are not perfect and that person still loves you for the imperfections is a great way to show the worth of their love. Again was done well in showing the love between lovers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


'when I hear that you cried;' perhaps "when I hear that you're cried" or " When i've heard that you have cried'
I don't know just an idea of mine that i might return too and disagree with later. lol

I like short and basic; its normally good [and it is good] it gets to the point but maybe write the same poem a little bit longer?

I don't know just a few ideas
but good write and this is my favorite writing this week :)


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like the light feel to it and of course the solid writing. The pace is spirited I think it hits the love nail right on through the heart. Nice job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010
Tags: love, knowing, feeling, sure

Author

mcg03002
mcg03002

Idaho Falls, ID



About
I am just a wannabe writer living in Idaho Falls. I work full time as a sales manager for a hotel. Here's a song I recorded for a dear friend. It's a cover of one of my absolute favorites. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..