Battles of Mullera: Legacy of the Ginza Stone Prologue

Battles of Mullera: Legacy of the Ginza Stone Prologue

A Story by The M Graphics
"

This is the prologue from my book "Battles of Mullera: Legacy of the Ginza Stone". The book is doing well and available at www.lulu.com/content/1499361, www.ebay.com, and www.amazon.com. Just wanted to throw it out there as a teaser if you wil

"

PROLOGUE

            There was something in the air that night in the untamed land of Yama in the country of Lokan.  It was something that would signal a change with the world of Mullera forever.  The two titan races, the Yens, and the Demonics had finally ended their three thousand year old battle with each other.  But one Yen and one Demonic didn't share this idea of peace.  They had plotted, planned, and waited until this night.  It was the evening of the harvest moon and time for the ceremony of creation. 

            They both knew that everyone's guard would be down and the attention would be focused on the ceremony.  This is how they slipped in unnoticed.  The Demonic led the way through the dark tunnels, his eyes could see as clear as day.  He kept his leathery wings wrapped around him like a cape.  The Yen had no choice but to blindly follow.  His nerves worked on him as he frequently glanced over his shoulders past his white feathered wings to see if they were being followed.  They continued on slipping in and out of shadows, moving as quietly as possible.

            It wasn't long before they had found it.  The Demonic held up his hand to halt them.  The Yen gasped and threw his back against the wall causing some pebbles to crumble off the wall and noisily scramble on to the floor.  The Demonic jerked his head and stared at him forcing back his impatience.  The Demonic then peered around the corner and there he saw only two guards standing by it.  He turned back to the Yen and held up two fingers.  The Yen simply nodded and readied himself.  The Yen jumped into the entrance way with his arms outstretched.  His palms faced the two guards and faster than lightning, two bright white bolts shot out and blinded the guards.  As they struggled to clear their eyes, the Demonic leaped over the Yen and with a jagged sword made short work of them.  They both disregarded the bodies and moved to the center of the room.  They stared in amazement at their treasure.

            The Demonic removed the glass case it was enclosed in.  They both wanted this medallion shaped item.  It was right there.  All the power they could ever want, and all they had to do is reach out and take it.  Greed began to worm its ugly head and at that moment their alliance was severed and they both snatched it at the same time.

            If either of them could have predicted what happened next, they may have reconsidered their plan.  With several screams of pain and twisting bone and flesh these two thieves were gone, but something else took their place.  It was a monster bigger and more powerful than anything in all of Mullera.  The beast ravaged and ripped through Yama.  The Demonics and Yens realized that this creation was the result of the Ginza stone they had created to symbolize their truce.

            Many battled and died trying to slay the monster that was dubbed Borgor.  Their combined forces were no match for the beast.  It looked as though all was lost, until one Yen stepped forward and would challenge Borgor alone, leaving his beloved and unborn child behind.  Armed only with his sword which he called 'Linqua' he went and faced Borgor in the city of Argaleon. 

            The battle took place over several days, but in the end, the Yen had slain the monster Borgor.  The Ginza stone was recovered and returned to Yama, but at a heavy cost.  The Yen had lost his own life in the battle, the city of Argaleon was in ruins, and an orphaned child would inherit a legacy. 

© 2008 The M Graphics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*chillbumps* Definately a teaser. I hope to get my hands on your book one day. I love your style of imagery that leaves enough to the imagination, but not too much. Thank you for entering this into my contest. It has made it into the first cut of finalists.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a nice, quick prologue. I feel the end part is a little glossed over, but on the whole a very good prologue. I'm left with questions that I assume later chapters will answer. What was the war about and why did it last three thousand years? I am begging to feel it is better to leave a lot out of the prologue.



I trust you sent your prologues as examples of what I should try?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice interesting start to a fantasy story, caught my interest.
Antony

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow! I love the imagery and flow - wonderful read

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect "baiting of the hook!" This leaves the reader begging for more. I shall have to read this one of yours.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this. It really got my interest. I liked the end. It made me want to read more!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. I would like to see it expanded on a bit, but all in all a very interesting write

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indeed, vry interesting...Thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2008

Author

The M Graphics
The M Graphics

Cincinnati, OH



About
I am happily married to the most wonderful woman and we have two wonderful boys. I have my degree in Graphic Design from Art Instruction Schools. I've done many different types of artwork from murals,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shh Shh

A Story by Nicole