But Only For You

But Only For You

A Poem by Meg

My love is the wave that swells and fades, plunging down and rising up again. 
My love is the stillness beneath the water that swallows up all that enter. 
My love is the laugh that floats about like music in the air. 
My love is the silence that holds so much promise for the stirring to come. 
My love is the glimmer in the eyes of the young when they still see hope and beauty wherever they may be. 
My love is the shine in the eyes of the old who know enough to forget. 
My love is the moment when it isn't quite day and it isn't quite night and the world is still and soft and strange. 
My love is the minutes that make up the hours, ticking by dutifully and without fault or hesitation.
My love is the song that vibrates through the bones and makes the ears hear, but the heart listen. 
My love is the rhythm that swims beneath the songs and goes on when the words have stopped. 
My love is the crisp page of a new book filled with wonder and excitement. 
My love is the worn page of an old book, caressed by loving fingers and full of comfort and belonging. 
My love is the hope of spring, and the warmth of fall. 
My love is the everyday and the once in a lifetime. 
My love holds such promise, but only for you. 

© 2017 Meg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully said. I loved your choice of words in each verse. Well done :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what you created with words is so simple but beautiful at the same time.
all this love is only for you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Magnificent portrayal of pictures. The words paint image after image in the mind. They express the feelings of the passion that wrote them. Thank you for the writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 27, 2017

Author

Meg
Meg

SC



About
I am a college nursing student who loves reading and loves writing even more. more..

Writing
Jemma Morgan Jemma Morgan

A Story by Meg


Love Me, Dearest Love Me, Dearest

A Poem by Meg


The Crimson Rose The Crimson Rose

A Poem by Meg