Chronological Reversal

Chronological Reversal

A Poem by Nightfeather
"

Did you ever seek to alter time? For some things were not suppose to happen or did you just want to relive the fading memory of a loved one? Let's find the answer, together.

"
Chronological Reversal
Time is merely a concept, constructed by humans to explain the unknown.
It flows endlessly, for it exist for others and not ever for itself.
It harvest the flesh of our bones, as if we are leafs, destined to wither.
Many have wished for one thing, to alter the flow of time….

Have you never wished to replay a sequence of your life?
Or delete a painful scene that was not supposed to happen….
Maybe revert an action, whose outcome must change?
I can hear your silent whisper, for it is also what I seek. 
But remember that it will not be so easily revealed, for it likes to play hide and seek.

I wish that life had three options: play, pause and replay but I asked too much.
Because we are not fated to wield such power, for playing with time can be fatal.
Trust me, I know how you feel but you must not alter time, alter your wish.
We humans must never tamper with our cycle of life, for it will bring more pain. 
But I still want to relive my memories, for my heart will falter if it weren't for them.

We cannot wield time in real life but in our minds, time can be bended to our will.
For we are creating our own definition of what is ‘real’…
We can play, pause and replay, for we reconstruct the very concept of time…
No, we don’t reconstruct time, we kill it, for humans are born ‘Time killers’.

I was so fixated on harnessing time, because at some moments…
I just was not given enough time, but memories are limitless. 
No, they have their limits because of the truth that shall now follow:
We only exist, because we live in the memories of others…
If no one had a memory of you, than there was also no you, get it?
You would become nonexistent, a mere reminder of nothing.

In the end, we have found our way to harness time. 
It is time for this chapter to close, by the end of this rhyme.

©Mitchell Samuël Gordon

© 2015 Nightfeather


Author's Note

Nightfeather
I do not own this image: http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/Between-Time-and-Space-432698266?offset=25#comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have been using those words so often, "pause" "play" 'rewind" cause this topic shares an equally loyal time divide between love and hate in my mind, body. Love the idea that of all the people I meet serve a purpose and sometimes some rain must fall so that I remember that the sun will simply soak it in. This adventure keeps me tuned in, frustrated and dancing with abandom until i am dizzy and sit down for another phase. Pretty darn fascinating and loved the honesty in your words.. curtsy bow.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

This review has just made my day. Thank you for your kinds word. This review has made me really happ.. read more
FateDictates

8 Years Ago

To be honest I fear not death and have had some interesting near misses and these occasions I can te.. read more
Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

You are right, we know that our journey will end someday but until that day, lets make the best of o.. read more



Reviews

I have been using those words so often, "pause" "play" 'rewind" cause this topic shares an equally loyal time divide between love and hate in my mind, body. Love the idea that of all the people I meet serve a purpose and sometimes some rain must fall so that I remember that the sun will simply soak it in. This adventure keeps me tuned in, frustrated and dancing with abandom until i am dizzy and sit down for another phase. Pretty darn fascinating and loved the honesty in your words.. curtsy bow.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

This review has just made my day. Thank you for your kinds word. This review has made me really happ.. read more
FateDictates

8 Years Ago

To be honest I fear not death and have had some interesting near misses and these occasions I can te.. read more
Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

You are right, we know that our journey will end someday but until that day, lets make the best of o.. read more
I, too, have pondered the existence of time and the consequences of tampering with it. The conflict in your poem can be expanded beyond the singular topic of time. It encompasses the dangers of any type of scientific exploration. Time travel is a tantalizing wish, but one we know we can't have. You also bring up a very intriguing point: "Time is merely a concept." It may be only a concept or an abstract thing but it causes even the best of us to lose our minds. Just look at Jay Gatsby in Fitzgerald's masterpiece! He slaves over a past he will never again attain and ends of getting killed. As much as I liked the essence of this poem, I urge you to try writing an essay or article on the topic. It just didn't quite have that poetic style. I really did enjoy it though and encourage you to keep voicing your beliefs!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thx for the review. I totally agree with that you said: Time causes even the best of us to lose our .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 4, 2015
Tags: Poetry, Philosofy

Author

Nightfeather
Nightfeather

Amsterdam, North-Holland, Netherlands



About
Hello, my real name is Mitchell Samuël Gordon :) Writing enhances my mind and soul, cleaning my thought of the world around me. Forging a pleasant feeling, called satisfaction. I am a writ.. more..

Writing
Genesis Genesis

A Poem by Nightfeather