Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Galaxy Blythe

     "You will have to leave if you want to 'create' a child." Said an ancient woman with white hair and deep green eyes. Hazel is her name.

     "The mortals hate us and you know that. How do you expect me to raise two children in a world where they are hated? It wouldn't be fair to them." A beautiful woman with curly brunette hair and the same green eyes replied.  Willow is her name.

     "If they live here than they will have to go to school at a higher level than the rest of them to learn how to control their gifts. Then they wouldn't know enough of any other things to graduate and help out. They wouldn't even be able to get a job in the mortal's village."

     "Fine, but I will teach them better than any of you. You all know that I can." With that out, Willow turned and walked out the door. She went home to get her few belongings, A cookbook, a blanket, and a bag of food.

     She got on a bus to Brisdon, a city in Colorado, and got a room at the Holiday Inn. She laid her blanket on the floor but fell asleep on the bed. The blanket would serve as a soft landing for the children If they accidently fell from her dreams.

     The next morning she got up and peeked at the blanket. She didn't want to scare them if they came. there's nothing like waking up one morning to a persons face and having no idea what it is. They didn't fall from her dreams. Willow sighed. She should have known better. Even if she said the spell, she would actually have to dream about them first, and since she can't choose what she dreams, she won't know when they will come. She will have to do it the hard way.

     She got out of bed and turned on the T.V. She would need a ton of inspiration to do what she needed to do. Once she found some ideas she could use, she started daydreaming. She dreamed of two little girls running and playing. Then all of a sudden the girls looked at her. She knew she was in somebody's dream, or else they wouldn't have payed any attention to her. She couldn't steal the two girls from the dream. She didn't know how important they were to the person dreaming. But she could steal traits from them. First she stole a fragment of their playfulness, not enough that it would change who the girls were, but enough that she needed. Once she was done she snapped back to reality and saw the yellow powder drift down to the blanket. She moved on to the next dream. This time there was a boy who was sitting in the grass reading. Willow saw that he was reading a science textbook. Probably studying for a test. She stole some of his knowledge. She came back to reality. This time the powder was purple. That is what Willow did for the rest of the afternoon. of the night, leaking into peoples dreams, stealing traits, snapping back.

     When she was done, she drew the figures of two beautiful baby girls in the multi-colored dust. She saw that she stole more traits than she needed, so she drew a dog. They would need someone to talk to if they felt like they couldn't talk to her. She went back to bed. It is exhausting to steal from dreams. Now she knew that she will dream about them. She would have to talk to them and tell them that they can be brought from her imagination into the real world.

     It would be a long night.



© 2012 Galaxy Blythe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on August 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012


Author

Galaxy Blythe
Galaxy Blythe

Denver, CO



About
Welcome to my profile. My name is Megan but I like to be called Galaxy, and I will read anything that somebody recommends. I will accept all friend requests but don't ask me any personal question.. more..

Writing