Decisions of Heroes

Decisions of Heroes

A Story by RidingTheWind

At the hardest times of life, a few people are faced with difficult decisions. What of the decision to run from a burning building, or to stay and save others inside? Or the decision to escape the difficulties of life, or to endure the hardships?

 

The truth is, we always want to do the right thing, such as running back into that building, but no one is born with the courage to do so. They must make a conscious decision to turn back, it does not come naturally. And for that reason, they are better for it. They are the one's who learn from life's mistakes, and gain strength and courage. Those who do not choose to turn back will never learn to deal with their fears.

 

For that reason, those few, brave people who have acquired their courage, whether they run into the burning building or choose to continue on through life's most challenging moments, must be considered nothing other than heroes.

© 2011 RidingTheWind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's always good to plan out what you would do in the face of trouble. People do what they think about doing. But only the moment can judge the soul. Hopefully most will never have to find out.
Your story really ask the reader to think.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011

Author

RidingTheWind
RidingTheWind

United Kingdom



About
Hi, I go to college so I pretty much only get to write occasionally in my free time...I don't think I'm a very good writer, and I know I don't include enough detail in my work, so I usually have to go.. more..

Writing