Trump 2k16 (Or, Why I'm So Afraid Of Terrorism)

Trump 2k16 (Or, Why I'm So Afraid Of Terrorism)

A Story by Melanie Villani
"

A sarcastic look at the intricacies of modern-day racism and how exactly we define what a terrorist is.

"
Why am I so afraid of terrorism? Because it’s a powerful enough force to keep Donald “Future Hitler” Trump in the race to be our next Dear Leader.

Why am I so afraid of terrorism? Because fear mongering is powerful enough to shut down mosques and put France under its first Nationwide State of Emergency (which means legal unprovoked house searches, by the way) since 1961.

Why am I so afraid of terrorism? Because black people are being dehumanized and attacked and killed and in America, The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, and you’re too focused on creating a database to track all the Scary Muslims.

2,753 people were killed on 9/11. Very sad. Tragic, even. Lots and lots of White People were killed by Scary Muslims that day. And thus, the War on Terror began. Around 1.3 million people (Scary Muslims) were killed in retaliation. Support Our Troops.

And now, after 130 people were killed in Paris, a 3 month long panic has been issued so that the authorities can keep the peace and torture every Scary Muslim in sight.

Here, we have a serious Presidential candidate who is proposing making every muslim in America, The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, register in a database so that he can better manage the country. I see no parallels to the Holocaust. After all, Trump is just trying to define what it means to be an American, which is nothing like anything Hitler said as he was creating the perfect Aryan race.

And what’s happening here while Trump is Making America Great Again and brainwashing our citizens to believe Scary Muslims are the real threat? We’re systematically murdering different people of color. 

We all rose up and fought for justice when Michael Brown was killed. A lot of us stood up when Tamir Rice was murdered. Some even stayed when Eric Garner’s death made the news. Then, we heard nothing.

Did something change? Did we stop all the police from killing people? Are people of all races now coming together to dance in the streets and sing? Or did the passion for black lives dwindle when people found something else to care about (Scary Muslims)?

Black people now make up almost 1 million (out of 2.3 million) of the incarcerated population, even though they only make up 14% of the population. Also, one in six black men are in prison, and that rate is expected to rise way up.

There was an actual, modern day, real life lynching in Mississippi. Police found 26 year-old Frederick Jermaine Carter hanging from a noose off an oak tree in a predominately white neighborhood, which was written off as suicide.

The Ku Klux Klan is a real thing that still exists today. A group with the sole purpose of promoting white supremacy and “purifying America” (sound familiar, Donald “Future Hitler” Trump?) literally still exists and thrives today without question or backlash, other than the acknowledgement that it’s not a great organization.

But, yeah. Muslims are the real terrorists.

© 2015 Melanie Villani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on December 3, 2015
Last Updated on December 3, 2015
Tags: satire, terrorism, trump, racism, social justice

Author

Melanie Villani
Melanie Villani

MO



About
17, queer af, privileged & white more..

Writing