The Creature under the Sink

The Creature under the Sink

A Story by Meredith

“Mother and father aren’t quite right.  Lately they have been acting a bit strange. Sometimes I feel the urge to run from them.” Lucy told her aunt.

            Lucy’s aunt looked at the fear on her niece’s face and asked, “Lucy why do you feel like running from them?”

            Lucy’s face filled with concern at that question but she answered, “They will not protect me from the creature.”

            “What is the creature Lucy? Tell me.” Lucy’s aunt was now concerned about what her young niece was seeing.

            “The creature comes to me sometimes. He lives in a magical land under the kitchen sink. It is the best place in the world but the scariest. I don’t want to go with him but mother and father will not protect me.” Lucy informed her aunt then walked away.

            Silence filled the house until Lucy’s aunt heard a soft mumbling from upstairs. “Lucy who are you talking to?’ she called.

            “The creature. He is in my room. Please protect me!” Lucy pleaded to her aunt. At that Lucy’s aunt ran up to her room ready to protect her. She saw nothing.

            “Where is he Lucy?”  Her aunt asked. “He only reveals himself to those who he chooses.” Lucy calmly replied.

            “He now tells me to go with him but I will not.” Lucy told her aunt. “If mother and father will not protect me I will run from them. I will go with the creature.” After that the front door opened.

            “Lucy we’re home, tell your aunt she can go now.” Her dad called from downstairs. “Bye sweetheart, please do not go with the creature.” Her aunt said as she kissed her forehead.

            “Go to bed Lucy.” Her mother demanded. “Goodnight.” Her father solemnly said. Lucy quietly walked into her room and got into bed.

            “Come with me. To a place that will make you happy. Your parents don’t understand you but I do. You think it is scary but it is wonderful and great.” A voice hissed into Lucy’s ear.

            “Ok. I will come.” Lucy decided. “I will take you there. Goodnight Lucy.” The voice said putting Lucy to sleep.

            The light sound of footsteps woke Lucy the next morning. She bolted up in her bed, which was now made of soft silk. A figure stood in the doorway. It was shadowy so she couldn’t tell who it was.

            “Who is there?” Lucy called to the shadow. “Do not be afraid,” The shadow said. “I am only a kind maid for your castle, here to deliver you some breakfast.” The shadow said. Then food appeared on Lucy’s bedside table.

            “Thank you.” Lucy kindly said. “No need.” She said then walked away. Outside the window it looked like Lucy’s best dream ever until the creature appeared.

             From outside the creature called, “Lucy she told you not to come with me. Why did you? Did I trick you? This isn’t your best dream, it might be your worst nightmare.” Lucy was horrified. She had to escape… NOW!

            She scanned outside of her castle trying to find an exit. She saw her kitchen cabinets, the portals between these two worlds. Lucy ran at full speed out of the castle and to the doors. She watched as all around her the world was turning into her worst nightmare. When she reached the doors the creature appeared.

            “She warned you now there is no way out.”

           

 

           

 

           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Meredith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

How odd. I did enjoy reading it though. It reminds me a bit of the movie Coraline...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was an interesting write. I enjoyed it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

273 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 30, 2011

Author

Meredith
Meredith

Houston, TX



About
Tell Me About Yourself SurveyNameMeredithBirthday1/29BirthplaceTexasCurrent LocationTexasEye ColorBrownHair ColorBrownHeight5'7 or 5'8Right Handed or Left HandedLeft Your Heritageumm... ??????The Shoe.. more..

Writing
Vivid Dream Vivid Dream

A Book by Meredith