Chapter 4: Into The Depths

Chapter 4: Into The Depths

A Chapter by Undying Glory
"

Jason is found out for who he truly is, by Anastasia and the Soulless...

"

Chapter 4: Into The Depths


Jason turned, and saw Anastasia's pistol butt swinging towards his jaw.He ducked, but she swung around and slammed her boot into his stomach, knocking him back. Jason doubled over in pain, stunned, shocked at the sudden turn of events. 


“What!? “Jason staggered back. He searched her face, for any clue of what had happened, any reason for the sudden attack. He was awestruck at the same time. Very few people could hurt a Soulless like that. Anastasia had her weapons trained on him, her expression that of betrayal. Tears were brimming in her eyes, yet her guns were held steadily, and when she spoke, anger echoed in her voice, almost reverberating in the darkness. 


“You’re one of them...”


“Anna...it’s me...Jason...”


“No, you’re NOT!!”


“Anna... I’m not like them...I swear!”


Tears were flooding down Anastasia’s face. She squeezed the trigger of her EMP gun, and the muzzle glowed menacingly. The EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) gun housed a battery containing chemical explosives, as well as a miniature microwave generator and an explosively pumped flux compression generator to compress the EMP before firing. It fired a small area-of-effect pulse, destroying the neural computers of Soulless, so humans could kill Soulless easily. It could only hold a limited charge, but every shot, if aimed properly, could count as a kill. 


Jason backed off. “Anna...please...no...”


“What have we here?” The chilling, metallic rasp of another Soulless whispered, cutting through the air like razors.  Four Soulless cyborgs leapt from the shadows suddenly, miniguns and submachine guns blazing away. Bullets smashed into rubble, sparked off metal, and very nearly cut the two of them in half. Anastasia fired with her EMP gun. A bright eerie blue flash illuminated the night sky, felling a Soulless, while Jason pulled his submachine gun and blasted another in the face. However, another grabbed Anastasia from behind, imprisoning her in its iron grip, and handcuffed her. As she struggled, it injected tranquilizer into her. Her body slackened and breathing slowed dramatically.


“Anna!” Jason screamed, just as SVX-47A grabbed him, turning to Anastasia.


“Why fight this traitor without waiting for us?” it snarled.


“Oh, he betrayed you too? That makes him a double-crosser!” she yelled, struggling despite the tranquilizer. The Soulless restraining her injected more tranquilizer, and she immediately fell limp, unconscious.


“Take her to the Master!” snarled SVX-47A. Jason gulped. The Master was General Blackdawn himself. “We have captured her. As for you...” SVX-47A turned to Jason, menacingly drawing a long knife. It crouched, like a humanoid tiger, before it suddenly sprang, a terrifying whirlwind of fists, feet and blade. Its fists and feet blurred with speed, delivering potentially bone-crushing blows no human could ever hope to survive, while the blade slashed and stabbed, in a broken rhythm of attacks, any of which could have killed Jason. 


Jason dodged as the blade flashed, fists and feet missing him by millimetres. The blade finally cut his leg, and Jason doubled over, just as a right hook slammed into his jaw. SVX-47A followed up with a deadly knee to the ribs and grabbed Jason’s belt and collar, hoisting him up into the air. There was no rancor in his actions, or even in his voice. Just cold, calculated cruelty. 


“Goodbye...Jason...”


The next moment, Jason was falling, falling, before he crashed into the raging seas, and was dragged under by the crushing waves. 



© 2010 Undying Glory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good write. Keeps the reader engaged. A lot happening in a short write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A most interesting poem . . . Sorry, It's Monday X_X
I remember this story. You dialogue needs seom work; it seems a little to stiff at the moment. Lack of flavor; bland. Interesting that the Souless knew his name, don't you think? I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Blimey! lol
That was a rollercoaster of emotion hon!
Could really feel for the characters!
Excellent work!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brilliant!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Action, turmoil and strong characters. A powerful chapter. I lie the battle scene. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Nothing to criticize! Can't wait til you post more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


can't wait for the next chapter

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010


Author

Undying Glory
Undying Glory

Singapore, Singapore



About
The average guy you'd meet on the street, only with a hidden streak. Or several, for that matter. 24 year old, 4th year medical student, studying in Dundee, Scotland. Never underestimate the pow.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Undying Glory