THE UNFORGETTABLE PARTY

THE UNFORGETTABLE PARTY

A Story by MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
"

The party that nobody will miss...

"

"Yes, this is a great party, and we are the host..." Jim Brown, a strong and mature man, said to himself.

"My God, a lot of people have gathered to welcome us!" He exclaimed in his thoughts while he was looking at the yard from the second floor window of his parents’ house. In the courtyard were many people talking and laughing. They all were relatives and friends.

"As soon as my wife and daughter arrive, we’ll come out to the yard to greeting them," Jim said to himself, looking at his watch. He had come before his family to coordinate the arrangements of the welcome party.

Then, he began to recognize everyone and started babbling each guest names, besides the precise relationship that he had with each of them.

"John, Peter, Charles, Mary... -and he stopped going on mentioning the names-… My Goodness!... "he exclaimed-… almost everyone from my school’s Promo is here... and so the teachers!"

"Robert!... My older brother, you don’t know how much I've missed you since you left us" Jim whispered watching him at the corner of the yard very busy with the barbecue grill.

He also saw several children who he didn’t recognize, playing in the pool.
Then, his eyes sparked. "Beatriz!" The name came out from his lips abruptly when he saw a beautiful woman. She was his dream lover from youth, with whom he would have married if it wouldn’t have been for the circumstances, but he never forgot her.

His parents and his wife’s parents were there also. They were doing the supervising and directing the waiters to achieve that everything should be in order, as planned. Moreover, from time to time, they were welcoming the newcomers and to talk to them briefly until they felt comfortable in the party.

Suddenly, his father turned his head and looked at the window of the second floor, exactly where he was watching it, and their eyes met at the distance. It was like a muted sign, because Jim understood that his wife and daughter were about to arrive.

Jim came down the stairs and got out to the porch of the house to welcome them.

He didn’t have to wait because he saw, not too far away and in a nick of time, a white and radiant limousine coming over a black asphalt home, which stopped just in front of house.

His wife Sophia and her daughter, Sophia Beatriz, got off from the limo and as always, they amazed to Jim with their beauty and aura of energy. Jim, who was smiling and eager to hug them, opened his arms.

"They are waiting for us in the yard!" Jim said, while was grabbing both women around their waist, and the duo started to walk at both sides of him.

"Mom spent too much time in the Beauty shop!" Sophia Beatriz complained and apologized.

The patio’s door opened up widely and the happy trio made their triumphal appearance amid the acclamation of all.

Yes, there were many people. It would be better saying: a crowd; because besides his family and close friends, also were there the baker, the milkman, the paperboy, the meat market butcher, the Chinese man from the corner liquor store and many neighbors more... Yes, a lot people were there, sharing just an exceptional detail: Everyone looked young and healthy, with no worries that disrupt their smiling faces.

Without doubt, this would be the unforgettable party of the Brown family which, even, the memory of those who stayed on earth crying for their depart, would disrupt the celebration welcome to their everlasting happiness.  

 

© 2010 MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There has to be more to come and I hope there will be .. you've set the stage so well .. write quickly, quickly

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

705 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2009
Last Updated on September 19, 2010
Tags: tale, life, Family, short tale
Previous Versions

Author

MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ

Long Beach... and La Molina in Lima-Peru. , CA



About
Michaelangelo Barnez is the pen name of the writer, Miguel Angel Branez, who was born on May 18, 1947, in Lima, Peru. In the early 80's he immigrated with his family to California, and as soon as he .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..