Love in the New Year

Love in the New Year

A Poem by MichelleSun

What can I say? Its a new year and my first resolution is you. I found the kiss that caused wars. I see the dream I had before. There is a love. There is a love that lives through you. How many babies? One? maybe two? I will have them. Raise them.

Pink and Blue.

I will dive tonight. Divide my time. Drag the hours. Ignore the days with you. Don't ask me why I feel this way.
If you stay I may come up with it. 60 years of answers.

I lay awake looking at the beauty of it all. We could make a team together. The most beautiful creation given this world. A family.

I cry at the thought of it. Our daughters. Our sons. Two uniting into one with a soul purpose to out Love one another. Its a new year and I am resolved. I will take these dreams and wrap them. Place bows of red, purple and gold on top. Sit them at your feet and let my eyes show you a hope unfamiliar. Open each one, baby.

It's never too late for souls to mate. Run with it. Let this be. You are my new year. You're my sweet tea. You are my happy.
Let us be.

© 2015 MichelleSun


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 1, 2015
Tags: love

Author

MichelleSun
MichelleSun

Stone Mountain, GA



About
I have been through it all but, GLORY to GOD, I am still HERE! more..

Writing