But If I Love you

But If I Love you

A Poem by MichelleSun
"

I wrote this in 10 minutes a few minutes ago. I have a lot on my mind.

"
“But If I Love you” by Michelle Sun

If I love you, I’d have to choose YOU and here in these states it’s supposed to be one. If I love you, I have to trust you. No more favors from my other loves. Just one. Just one measly one.
I could love you, however I am an enemy of time.
I do not possess patience and if I love you, you require that.

You are a man.

You are one man And I am multiple women. That is where the problem lies.
How could you ever survive loving me alone?

If I love you I would have to break you...but baby, I’d break you good. I’d open your soul because that’s the only way I can take you....and...and...and if I cannot take you, like REALLY take you....

you cannot be my love.

Don’t hold me.

You used to hold me before we broke up the first time and in those days I melted into you.... aaaaahhhh......
but now I’m solid...maybe too Solid to melt.... and that is also required, no?

If I love you...
I would have to love you...
I’d have to believe you are who my soul seeks...
You would have to be mine again... and hide inside me. No compromise...because That is how I Love.

© 2018 MichelleSun


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww This line
"You are one man And I am multiple women" ! Very relatable piece, filled with many emotions.

Posted 1 Year Ago


To have only been written in 10 minutes, this is some pretty affecting stuff. The times our pen does the writing are usually the moments we're most sincere.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 24, 2018
Last Updated on July 24, 2018

Author

MichelleSun
MichelleSun

Stone Mountain, GA



About
I have been through it all but, GLORY to GOD, I am still HERE! more..

Writing