Voices

Voices

A Story by Lost in Wonderland
"

She's not crazy, she's just trying to escape those voices...those torturous voices

"

    White walls surrounded me, closed in on me. A bright, white light flickered irritatingly above me. I sat huddled in a corner, my breath came in sharp, quick gasps. My eyes darted back and forwarth between these cursed white walls. There was not even a window to give me a glimpse of the outside world, and in here there was nothing I could hold on to to keep my sanity.

    I heard them then, the voices. First it was an inaudible rumble, a white noise, but it got louder and louder. I heard shouts and screams and laughs and cries.

    Panicking, I clamped my hands over my ears and welded my eyes shut.

    "Help me!" I screeched, desperatly hopely someone, anyone, would hear me. I waited and waited while the voices got louder and angrier and eviler.

    "No!" I hopped up and ran to the bolted door. "Let me out!" I begged, pounding hard on the door over and over again. "Please! Somebody help me!" Sobbing hysterically, I continued to brind my first down on the wretched thing theat kept me trapped with the awful voices.

    Lissa, one called. I froze, Lissa, they're calling you crazy Lissa.

    I shook my head vehemetly. "No," I whispered, "you're a liar! You're the one who got me locked into this white hell!"

    The voices laughed darly, their smoky words clouding my mind, suffocating me.

    The main voice kicked in, she sounded so innocent in the surface, but the manacing undertone made me shudder at the truth of who she was.

    Lissa, they think your a FREAK, they want to kill you. They want to use you for science, you're just another experiment for them, and they're going to KILL YOU!

    "Stop!" I cried, banging my hear on the dorr until i felt warm blood drip down my nose. I conered my ears but the mocking laughter continued and blocked out all other sound. I colapsed down to my knees; I couldn't breath, I couldn't breath!

    "Help!" I rasped, choking now, my conciense was slipping but the laughter continued, I was drowning in it. I had to stop the the voices, I had to get out.

    I stood up, shakey on my bare feet, called for hekp once more and...the door opened, just a crack.

    A doctor in a maddeningly white lab coat stood before me.,

    "What seems to be the prob-" but he never finished his sentece. I pushed him out of my way and ran down the hall, gasping for air.

    I made it to the kitchen out of breath. Sweat dripped down my ashen face as I searched wildly for something I could use. Then I found it, lying on the counter.

    Doctors all in white rushed in but stopped dead in there tracks when they saw me.

    There was a moment if tense sience broken only by my feverish breath. All eyes were in the gleaming knife in my trembeling hands.

    Don't leave us, stay lissa, stay...  my tormentors pleaded in a hiss. I cound't take this insanity anymore! I let out a strangled scream. The doctors reached toward me, but it was to late. I plunged the knife into my stomache.

    The voices that had tortured me for so longdied away with a defetead screech.

    Numbness over took me then. I could feel nothing; not the pain of the knife, not the cool air in the room, nor the dorctors hands on my flesh. I let out a releived laugh, and then there was nothing but blackness.

    Blessed blackness

© 2011 Lost in Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story, I felt a little lost at one point but you bring it together. I would like to see you write less of your stories from the first-person perspective and more from the point of a guide into the events that are to come.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on October 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 22, 2011
Tags: Horror Crazy Suspence Fiction Pa

Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

In the clouds, Where dreams are found



About
My name is Mickey:) I have a facbook page:) Please like it if you want more..

Writing