Bridge

Bridge

A Story by Lost in Wonderland
"

If you have read this story by MickeyM just know we are the same person! Enjoy this cute romance. <3

"
    "I'm sorry Alex," Coleen sighed as she ran a hand through her long platinum hair blond that fell in her ice blue eyes, "I just don't love you anymore." I stared my girlfriend from under my dark bangs in shock. We had been together for 6 months and she was ending it...just like that. My heart broke. Not her too! Col looked at me with one of her 'whatever' expressions for a second then patted my shoulder and walked off with some guy, smiling at him like she used to smile at me. My eyes followed her until she and what’s-his-name rounded the corner of the hall.

    The final bell rang and I groaned not wanting to get on that wretched bus and have to be around people. So I walked out the door into the frigid December air, liking how it bit my cheeks and fingers where my gloves stopped, it let me feel something other than the pain radiating in my chest. How could she hurt me like that? After all I told her, and not even care! Shaking my head I thought to myself, 'I shouldn't be surprised, no one loves me, not even my parents’. I scowled at the snow covered sidewalk and started to run. For a long time that's all I did. I ran across the street, I ran into the woods until finally the sun set and I was sitting on a beautiful, old wooden bridge overlooking a small stream that sparkled in the moonlight. My feet dangled over the edge a creeping calm washed over me. What if I jumped...what if I let myself fall free as a bird, leaving all my sorrows on the bridge...then I would finally be free.

    Hesitantly, I crawled on top of the railing, stretching my arms out to balance myself and feel the cool breeze. A couple people walked by but no one noticed me. Ruefully, I laughed myself, why would the notice, or care if the did. I’m just me, Lonely, loveless Alexander Greene.

    I took a long deep breath and when I saw that no one was around I yelled at the top of my lungs, "Thanks world for making me do this!" I closed my eyes and crouched, about to jump when someone gasped. I opened my eyes to see a girl standing a few feet way, eyes opened wide, wavy brunette hair dancing in the night breeze, her hand was at her mouth.

    "No!" She breathed, "No please don't jump!"

    I could see her shaking and replied, "Why no one loves me. And no, I’m not exaggerating!"

    "That's not true!" she cried, "God loves you!"

    I sighed and shook my head, "Well if he loves me so much, he'll be fine with me coming to live with him. Let me clarify, no one loves me on this earth."

    The girl, probably about 17 like me, looked at me for a split second then ran over to me, pulled me onto the safety of the bridge then kissed me. My eyes flew open at the sheer desperation in the kiss, then I closed my eyes and I wrapped my arms around her. When she looked up at me, her cheeks were stained with tears.

    "I don't know you, but I love you." she murmured. I stared at her, trying to see if she was lying, and saw nothing but a broken hope that I would not jump.

    Then I couldn't help myself. I broke down crying. The girl pulled me into her arms and I held her close, both of us sinking to our knees as we sobbed. After we sat like that for a few minutes I brought my lips to her soft, ivory ear and whispered, "Thank you."


© 2011 Lost in Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good! If I may criticize, I have to say that whenever there is dialogue, you don't make a new paragraph which kinda bugs me. =/ Other than that, this was SUPER CUTE and I think you're an amazing writer! :D Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 22, 2011
Last Updated on October 22, 2011

Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

In the clouds, Where dreams are found



About
My name is Mickey:) I have a facbook page:) Please like it if you want more..

Writing