A Daughter's Words

A Daughter's Words

A Stage Play by Lost in Wonderland
"

A girl must confront her powerful father to save the one she loves.

"

A Daughter’s Words

 

 

 

Abigail: Abigail is a 17 year old German girl. She is loving and accepting but is willing to fight for what she loved. She is in love with a Jew named Rolf. She has blond hair and blue eyes. She is wearing a white and blue striped sundress in the play, her hair is down in curls.

 

Father: He is a man who is in a lot of power in Germany. He is the leader of the Nazi party and hates the Jews because he feels like they steal money from Germans. He is a very strong patriot and loves his daughter. He has black hair and a square, black mustache. In this play he is in nice, dark read pajamas.

 

Rolf: He is an 18 year old, German boy who is a Jew. He is in love with Abigail and plans to marry her. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes. In this play he is wearing a simple blue shirt with a star of David sewn on and simple tan pants.

 

[We open inside Father’s office. The year is 1942 There is a globe and a shelf full of thick books. Father is sitting at a cluttered desk looking at a large map.]

 

Abigail: [knocks tentatively on the door, peeks head through a small opening] Father… Father may I talk to you for a moment?

 

Father: Ah mein Liebling, I am working. Can it not wait until morning?

 

Abigail: [on the verge of tears] No. Please Father it is very important.

 

Father: [sighs and motions for Abigail to enter. She does so and stands in front of his chair. Routinely she kissed his cheek then stands again, head bowed slightly.] Now, my darling, what is it that you need to talk to me about?

 

Abigail: Well sir.. It is my dear friend, Rolf.

 

Father: [Chuckling] Ahh, my little girl has her pretty blue eyes on a young man? What is wrong then? Is he to old for you? Does he already have a woman? What is it that makes you cry so?

 

Abigail: He… he was t-taken away today! [sobbing now] Father he was just forced out of his home. His parents and little sister to! [getting angry] I saw it, on the way to school, your men dragged them away at gun point! They had no right- no right to do that father! He was an all A student, studying to become a doctor, his sister is 3 years old, his mother is sick and they just pushed them around like cattle! You must stop it father! You must! Surely if their leader says to Halt then they shall. Can’t you stop this injustice?

 

Father: Abigail.. Is this Rolf boy a Jew?

 

Abigail: [Taken aback by his angry tone] Well y-yes. But he is a good person father! Not like the tales you tell of their people stealing our money!

 

Father: [Rises, furious] How can you be defending those things who ruined our nation? They steal from us, all of them at some point! They are the scum of the world!

 

Abigail: [surprised at this side of her father] Things? Father how can you say such things? Rolf is my dear friend! I love him! His religion does not make him a thief. He loved the same God as you and I.

 

Father: [Slaps her. She touches her cheeks and looks at him in fear. She starts to run away but he grabs her arm] Abigail! Please don’t go… I’m sorry. I just want to make the world perfect for you! Just for you, my dear, with your lovely blond hair, you shiny blue eyes. And I want better for you than some boy from a race that cheats everyone! Can’t you see that? I love you, can’t you see that this is all for you, for us? SO we can live in a perfect world, a German world? Where no one takes our jobs or our money or our food or our daughters! Can’t you see that? [Strokes her face, but he smacks his hand away] Why are you being so stubborn? You can find another boy to love you!

 

Abigail: Father, are you blind?! You say that you are doing this for me but your goons have kidnapped the man I love! Do you know that he proposed to me? [ holds up left hand. A beautifully simple golden ring rests on her finger] Once the war was over, we were to be married.

 

Father: What? How dare you accept to that swine’s hand in marriage without asking me! How dare you accept at all! You, young lady, will never see him again. [she gasps] It is for your own good.

 

Abigail: [Backs away roughly] You can’t be serious!

 

Father: I am very serious.

 

Abigail: So it’s true what they’ve all been saying about you. You really plan to kill them all… I was just to naïve to believe… I thought you were better than that. Obviously I was wrong.

 

Father: I couldn’t tell you an your mother. You wouldn’t understand the greater purpose it fulfills…

 

Abigail: Your right! I don’t understand, and I never will. But I will find Rolf. I will be with him, even if I have to check myself into one of your death camps! That’s all the are, right? A place to die in the most painful, humiliating way possible. That’s what they all say.

 

Father: Abigail, you are being ridiculous. You aren’t going anywhere.

 

Abigail: Oh really, Father? Just Watch me. [Exits angrily]

 

Father: [sighs sadly and picks up a phone]

 

* * *

[Abigail is walking on a an abandoned street, shivering in the cold, she has no jacket. Its dark out, she has obviously been walking for some time when a cattle cars pulls up about 15 years away from her. Out steps a handsome young man with dark hair and eyes. Along with him pour out about 20 people, one is a little girl with brown braids, another is a middle ages woman crying. When Abigail sees them she runs to them, crying from joy. She runs right in to the young mans arms]

 

Abigail: Rolf! I thought I would never see you again!

 

Rolf: I know, love, I know. Hush now, it’s alright.

 

Abigail: [laughs] You are comforting me? You’re the one who was almost sent away forever. [hugs him tighter] I love you so much. I’m so glad you’re here.

 

Rolf: I love you, too. And I will never leave you again. No matter what.

 

Abigail: [looks beyond his shoulder and gasps] Rolf, look!

 

[ 20 more cattle cars line the street, people pouring out, laughing and embracing]

                    Abigail: [To herself] I knew he was a good man…

© 2012 Lost in Wonderland


Author's Note

Lost in Wonderland
Writen for a contest that asks you to write a play about a historical event you would like to change. Hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice........haha, if only. Then so many lives would be spared, and the horror of WWII might have ended earlier than expected...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Yeah it was such a tragedy. Thanks for the review, God bless
very well done! i enjoyed this one a lot!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

thank you very much:) God bless
Aehr

11 Years Ago

you are very welcome!
Oh man, this is a definite "If only" situation! This would be fun to act out :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2012
Last Updated on April 28, 2012

Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

In the clouds, Where dreams are found



About
My name is Mickey:) I have a facbook page:) Please like it if you want more..

Writing