Afraid

Afraid

A Poem by A

I was always afraid of losing you.

Each time your fingers grazed mine, I tried to remember the soft tips that led to your calloused palms.

Each time your arms wrapped around my back, I clung to your chest and tried to mentally capture your structure, your scent, your heartbeat and breathing patterns that sustained your body.

Each time your lips brushed mine, both softly and pressured, I attempted to memorize the individual dry patches and your lasting fruity, minty taste of your breath when it mixed with mine.

Each time you laid me to sleep late at night and we whispered about the future, I soaked in every sweet word you uttered. I felt every stitch of your shirt that pressed into my chest and every follicle of your leg hair that tickled against mine. 

Each time you finally drifted off to sleep, I lay awake, moving steadily to the beat of your heart. I burned with your body’s natural heat, but snuggled closer and breathed you in, our bodies becoming one in my mind when I eventually nodded off with you. 

Each time my dreams spoke your image, I captured it in memories to open again on nights without you, when I was caught adrift in loneliness. 

Each time you said goodbye, even if only for the night, I archived the statement in case you were to never return.

-A

© 2016 A


Author's Note

A
I would love feedback on my poetry! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: poetry, poet, poets, new poets, new poetry, love, romance, love poem, romantic poetry, love poetry, sad, sadness, sad poem, depression, anxiety, depressing poetry, lost, losing you, A, afraid

Author

A
A

MO



Writing
Love is... Love is...

A Poem by A


When When

A Poem by A