Love and Risk

Love and Risk

A Story by southernguy
"

this is the prologue of a story i wrote.

"

When you pursue love and the object of your love, risk is inevitable. What you must consider is whether or not love or the object is worth the risk. For me she was more than worth the risk. So one night we both told each other what we both already knew. I wasn’t looking for an immediate response; I was just doing what I knew I had to do.          

 

You must understand, the worth of the risk cannot be considered based on the outcome. Rather, the object of love, who he/she, is and your feelings and desires must guide the worth of the risk. There is no promise of a positive outcome, if there was it wouldn’t be a risk.

 

So you must ask yourself, ‘if in the end I am rejected and left alone do I still want the other person to know how I feel?’ If the answer is yes, then I say carpe diem. And when it is over, no matter the response or outcome, know that you were brave and did the right thing. I knew when I told her my true feelings I had done the right thing. It was right, not because of the outcome but because she was worth the risk.

 

Sometimes the response is immediate, other times it is not. Just know that the moment you take your leap the object of your desire is then faced with their own risk, if they aren’t already facing one. So then you must be patient in allowing them to consider the value of their risk. It is not your place to make the other person’s decision. You want the one to love you because he/she desires you from their heart not because you have “made” them love you. You want someone who wants you as much as you want them.

 

In the end, who knows the outcome? There is no promise in love that you always end up with the one you love. Sometimes love is why you end up alone. So then all that is left for us to do is to wait to see the hand that fate has dealt us and to know that in the end it was worth every struggle and risk that you took because it was for love. 

© 2008 southernguy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 26, 2008