Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Consequences

Consequences

A Story by Milan Mitchell
"

Average everyday people are viewed in a jeep on a cold wintry night.

"

        A woman sat in a parked black Jeep on a cold wintry night waiting for her companion to return from the gas station after filling his tank.  She noticed two teenagers drinking their beverages while laughing and playing inside the gas station, and unaware of the car  which pulled up behind them. Shortly, the head lights began to flash inside.  One boy looked over and saw a car outside.  Both quickly left the gas station, one boy still had his hot cup while the other left his behind.  Suddenly, the disposable cup  was carelessly tossed onto the  parking lot’s  pavement as the smoked evaporated  into the air like a Turkish  steam bath.  Then the black BMW filled with young passengers abruptly pulled off into ongoing traffic like a raging bull charging into a rodeo. 

 

         As the couple pulled up to a stop light, the woman looked to her left and noticed  a young couple, shivering and freezing with smoke blowing from their mouths as they waited for the bus. The young girl had only a stylish jacket minus gloves and hat, and the young man was smoking a cigarette wearing an embroidered hip hop jacket  with  blue jeans pants below his waist. Together, they stayed cuddled near the window which radiated heat as if they were  lying underneath  an electric blanket after skiing all day in  Switzerland.

 

            The couple approached another stop light where they saw three teenagers, two boys and a girl wrestling and playing in the freshly fallen snow  while their book bags  laid next to them unattended.  Her trendy blue jeans were so tight as if her vagina was suffocating and grasping for fresh air.  Neither had on gloves nor hats as they steadily rubbed the snow in each other’s faces like lotion on a naked body.   Then one of the boys viciously threw the girl down and jumped on top of her, legs gapped open, like at a hot, steamy and erotic orgy in lover’s paradise.   

 

            The couple’s journey brought them to yet another stop light where they noticed a tall, skinny and frail homeless man with a plastic cup begging for money between the lanes.   He wearily approached the couple’s truck and lifted the scruffy cup.  The driver rolled down his window, and  put some cash in his cup. The fretful man then rejoiced as though he had hit the lotto.  He said, “Thank you” with a warm and grateful smile.  Suddenly, the couple realized that they knew him from years ago when he was doing quite well.   Waiting for the light to turn green, they saw him humbly walk on to the next car yet holding on to his dignity. 

 

On the way home, the couple approached their last stop light before they retired from the cold bitter night.  While crossing the intersection, they noticed several squad cars and a teenage boy with sunken eyes standing on the corner staring over at a black BMW with flashing lights wrapped around a poll with distraught passengers, bleeding profusely sitting amongst empty beer cans in chaos.  This guy was fully dressed in a blue down jacket with raccoon fur draped around the hood drinking his cup of hot chocolate with whip cream in the midst of solace.

 

© 2008 Milan Mitchell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on February 20, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008

Author

Milan Mitchell
Milan Mitchell

Chicago, IL



About
Milan Mitchell is a first generation Cuban American of African decent. She is a Communication scholar and writer who holds a B.A., cum laude and M.A. maga cum laude from Northeastern Illinois Univers.. more..

Writing