All because one

All because one

A Poem by Mintwhiskers

Smoke covers the sky in a thick blanket

as reds burn in my mind

Fire bores into the forest

One destroys thousands.

A blazed trees, running animals

Spraying water calms the wild fire

It vanishes with a dissapearing act

Disaster lies a path to broken hearts and bodies

because of one match

© 2008 Mintwhiskers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

WoW !!!

"All because one"

Very very well written indeed !!!
WoW !!!
I Liked it a lot !!!
What a wonderful job you did indeed !!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful Piece Mintwhiskers! Excellent use of words, beautiful concept. You have reduced catastrophe by just one action! Yea, all it does take is one.
Great job!!!

Oddpoet

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is excellently written and one of my favorite short pieces I have read recently. I like the fact that so much destruction terror etc was caused by a simple match. It really has a universal theme that can be applied to a lot of different things if one looks at the poem as symbolism. I liked the flow in this piece as well. With short pieces flow is harder to achieve becuase things tend to come out choppy but you really did a good job here. Excellent work, incredible poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You made it easy to visualize the destruction and you made the reader curious about what caused the destructin. At the end you put things into perspective by showing what a big impact a small object like a match can have. I like this poem, it is short and sweet.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice use of imagery and rhyme to create the burned and blackened atmosphere of a brush/wild Fire. This piece flows easily and is both and easy and informative piece for the readers. Great reflection on what one can reap for carelessness. Good Work!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aw i like this, portrays your feelings about the love of nature and how it can so easily be destroyed with carelessness. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


the poem was really good. I liked it. But the second to last line didn't seem to flow as well as the other lines. The last line i thought, for some reason, was really good.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i liked how you described this, it was really good. i liked it

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like your simple yet highly descriptive words. They create a vivid picture as you read through this poem. The reader experiences the middle and the end of this event and is left to imagine the origin of its beginning... "where did that one match come from?" Well Done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is very sad and powerful. Very good, keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2008
Last Updated on July 13, 2008

Author

Mintwhiskers
Mintwhiskers

NJ



About
Click Here For Myspace Graphics at GraphicsHunt.com Life Is Too Short Click Here For Myspace Graphics at GraphicsHunt.com Love I Feel this is from a good movie called The Notebook Click.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ True Love ~ ~ True Love ~

A Poem by Legacy


12.BANANA LADY 12.BANANA LADY

A Poem by pal