A parrot trained to fly

A parrot trained to fly

A Story by Mirna
"

Gravity, I have discovered, is caused the by force of love.

"

“As I was training my parrot how to fly, I have discovered, that Gravity, does not only hold us in place, but holds the force of a greater hand. A force that carries both love and power.” He said, as he rubbed his glasses with muddy fingertips. Leisurely, he adjusted the lens in front of each eye, one by one, and then squinted his eyes to reckon the objects surrounding him.

“It took ages to train him. I gave up once, many times, and it would have been better to carry it around with me. But I wanted it to be independent, to fly by its own self, to have courage and fortitude without me, to prove that I own a great parrot, a special one.”

“And did it happen?” I asked.

He looked at me, with his narrow eyes, which saw far more things than what my widened eyes could.

“Yes, it did. But only because I have provided him with my force.” He turned his head towards the dusty ground, and slowly, with an aching voice, he said, “He could have died many times. Many, many times.”

�"

It was Saturday night. I walked over to my car and began to drive my way back home. The road was empty, and there was a cold, frosty layer sheathing the bones under my skin, a layer that spawned a shiver every minute or two. I wished for company, for someone to be sitting beside me and heat the coldness, the solitude and loneliness away. But no one was there. I continued to drive, to look at the tree and see it as nothing but a stoned statue, to hear the voice of the wind as nothing but a melody of despair. And for the first time, nature and buildings looked alike. Beauty, I discovered, can only be seen with a soul, and that night, I had no attachment with that soul. Or perhaps it was the other way round.

As my thoughts began to freeze their ice in my veins, I felt my nails dig in the steering wheel’s surface and the road was becoming flocked with cars. I had a taste of dehydration, not from the drinking of water, but from the dryness of the air, of the road, and of my heart. My driving became unsteadily and the sound of beeping cars was gradually snowballing. I wanted to run out, to leave the car and my hold of the steering wheel, to leave the road, the fear, the crowd and the entire city. But reality was a magnet; I had to be attracted to it, no matter how far my thoughts take me.

A red car braked promptly, and as I tried to gather myself to stop the car, I felt the car being carried above the ground, above the air and somehow, above earth. I didn’t hear the sound of the cars’ beeps no more, the roaring engines, the sound of the wind playing its flute, or more importantly- the sound of life. There was a silence that no living thing on earth could sustain, a feeling of being diverted into a world that no scientist could discover, a feeling of fear yet at the same time, of peace. At this right moment, time became inexistent, and flashbacks traveled through my brain as fast as how a computer can open a new document, one memory after the other. The image of the world was simultaneously dripping down, and I began to see nothing, nothing but a white, unfamiliar light.

Suddenly, time was shoved back into the world, and I felt a force pulling me back down, back to the center, back inside my body, and �" back on earth. The car thundered against the ground and somehow, without my intervention, I was back into life. The sound of people and the cars and the wind has been swallowed inside me and as I opened my eyes, thinking that all I would see is the white light, the stares and astonishment of human faces packed my eye’s image.

“Gravity, does not only hold us in place, but holds the force of a greater hand. A force that carries both love and power.” And unexpectedly, for the first time ever, I felt this force. I felt it pull me back, I felt it holding me, protecting me, and guiding me back to the path I still need to complete. I felt not the force of gravity, but the force of love and power that causes gravity.

And I could’ve left; I could’ve left this earth and its ground, leave my path of life halfway and never return back.

But there was a force that, although never felt, could never be escaped.

-Gravity, I have discovered, is caused by the force of love. As that was the only force I felt. And ever will feel. 

© 2014 Mirna


Author's Note

Mirna
This is for Jonathan Edward :) Thank you for being so lovely, sweet and caring. I hope you have a lovely birthday x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Idk what it says on your page of how I stored this, It will never allow me to save as favorite ever , but that's what I picked is favorite. It always says General library, But its placed where no library can ever see:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sis this was awesome , and held so much meaning to me:) Sometimes a great force comes sweeping the mind body and soul, giving thought, care, love, understanding, direction. I am very blessed for that force:) Sis nobody has ever done something so special for me on my birthday:) I will treasure this in my heart till Christ takes me home. I am so thankful I met you:) So happy what I have learn from you:) I am so bless you hear my heart in all that has taken place:) Most of all I am proud of you. I tell my Mom about you how wonderful you are , How smart you are, How your writing is so mind blowing:) I never forget you ever. I pray for you everyday:) You give me so much and I am honored. No matter how far I know I will meet you, It may never be upon this earth but, I will be in heaven:) I love you in Christ:) I see you going places in life, I see a writer. I see because the Lord led me to you because of a poem light the way. Your so awesome my Sister:) Thank you so very much. I am going to share this great gift:) Again thank you:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014
Tags: god, love, power, creative writing, writing, short story, earth, death

Author

Mirna
Mirna

Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates



About
I am a writer who is shy yet courageous, humble yet loud, wanting to break out of my shell and reach people and tell them we have the same problems, the same fears, the same hopes, and the same loves,.. more..

Writing