A Pyramid of Love

A Pyramid of Love

A Story by Mirna
"

'She knew that love grew stronger after each level, each distance, and each world.'

"

And as a writer, she knew that there was more to love than just words, it was more than that, it was more than what her pen can write, but she never found it. 

She sat on her usual, cracked chair at 6 am in the café with a worn out notebook. It was Valentine’s Day, and she wanted to write something, to write at least a 3-lined poem about love, or even a sentence or a page. But it never came out. She had felt love many times, perhaps more than any person could, she felt it while sipping her coffee or looking at a painting made by a 3 year old that used his fingertips as a brush. She fell in love with people, with their hearts that contained a force much stronger than the force carrying the Earth in space. Yet despite that, she knew that the world lacked a different kind of love, that despite all the beauty and friendships and romances, the love she found on Earth was not enough to completely fill the vacuum in her heart. Or even fill the world.

“Who is your lover for today?” asked the man with a shabby, black hat sitting across her.

“I’m not sure. I’m still finding out with this pen.” She hesitantly said.

The man glanced at her pen that did not shift or move or even touch the page once. And then he sighed.

“It won’t help.” He said, “Try something different, something easier. Try looking at the tree, the flowers, the sky, try looking at beauty rather than writing about it.”

At first, his words entered her mind with a thump that pushed her eyebrows close together, but then she realized that it was better to let go for a while, let go of being a person on earth with a duty and a job- let go of life. 

She slowly moved her head away from the empty page of her notebook and then looked out to the parks, the trees, the pink/blue sky and the moon about to say its goodbye. It was not just beauty she saw, it was not just a tree, or the sky, but it was something different. And it was something that she was never able to reach, and never will. When she looked at the moon, despite its beauty that made her smile, she knew, and she knew very well, that beauty in this world grows stronger in distance. Above the flower, there is the tree, and above the tree, there is the cloud, and above the cloud, there is the moon, and above the moon, there is the galaxy that hides other beauties further than what her mind can know. And above the galaxy, well, although she will never see it, but she knew deeply that she could feel it. And just like beauty, and everything else, she knew that love grows stronger in each level, in each distance, and in each world.

Perhaps I don’t need to find a lover on this Earth today, she thought.  And perhaps it doesn’t matter.

She turned back to her notebook, picked up her pen, and then began to write:

My heart is too big for the love of this world to fill it.

My heart is too immense for this worldly life to gratify it.

My heart needs a ladder above the skies, and above the galaxies.

My heart needs to reach the top of the pyramid,

And find the Creator of Love.

The man heard the sound of a moving pen, and then smiled,

“I see that your lover is writing.”

“No,” she said, “My lover has helped me to write.” 

© 2014 Mirna


Author's Note

Mirna
Here's a piece for Valentine's Day, it's not that good but there you go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You may think that this piece isn't that good, but I found it very creative. I could sense some personal touches here and there throughout the story and I enjoyed the read. Never doubt your abilities! :) Yes, there are always things we can improve on and work at as writers, but I never find a piece of writing 'bad'. Sometimes it just needs some extra love and touch-ups. Never stop writing. :)

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

Thank you:)xxx
amazing. liked it so much.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

thank youu!! xx
I loved it Sis :) My lover has help me to write:) I like that. You did real good as you always do sis:) Happy Valentine's Day:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

thank youuu Jon :) xx
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Your very welcome Sis:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2014
Last Updated on February 14, 2014
Tags: Love, Valentine's Day, Writing, Creative Writing, Short Story, Pyramid, God

Author

Mirna
Mirna

Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates



About
I am a writer who is shy yet courageous, humble yet loud, wanting to break out of my shell and reach people and tell them we have the same problems, the same fears, the same hopes, and the same loves,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Angel Black Angel

A Poem by s y e


Angel Angel

A Poem by Imogen.E