Ch. 1 Awakening

Ch. 1 Awakening

A Chapter by MirrorTree Productions
"

Miguel finds out that his destiny is one he has to make for himself, and sets out to do so.

"

 

 
 
“Wow, I really still can’t believe all of this.” It was the raspy voice of a tall dark haired man, he was maybe twenty years old, wearing a leather jacket and torn denim jeans that looked the same age. He started to walk toward the crest of the hill as the sun was coming down to the horizon to meet him. For a second it was just his silhouette against the burning red sky. He didn’t look too heroic at all, torn jeans and a jacket that had just about enough material left on it to make a good belt, covered in cuts and bruises, and his head was completely bald on the left side. To tell the truth, he looked like one of those kids you see at a really heavy concert, minus the piercings of course, just a torn bottom lip being the last remnant of his lip ring. 
He looked around slowly holding his left arm in place, he could barely stand the pain, not just of his arm and all of the flesh wounds, but the pain of coming to terms with what had really happened. “What about you?” He said has he turned away from the crumbling buildings. “This doesn’t seem to affect you much at all.”
She sat there on a very uncomfortable looking tree stump, “I’m still bent on the fact that this is all a dream,” She winked at him with an awkwardly happy smile taped across her face “I just really can’t wait to wake up.”
“But what about before? They say that being pinched lets you know if your in a dream or not,” He began to walk toward her “I’d say that being hit in the ribs with a lead pipe is a lot more effective than being pinched.”
She looked down at the rust colored stain on her shirt and laughed, it wasn’t a hysterical laugh like some get when they notice a terrible wound, it was just a giggle. “Maybe this isn’t all a dream,” She said as her crimson scarf and honey hair began to wave in a small gust of wind. “Maybe it really is the end.”
Looking at her reminded him of a hero more than himself, she had turned her head, and the light of the fires from the explosions of the day before gave her a golden halo. She was beautiful, and even throughout the entirety of this rapture; he knew he still wasn’t good enough for her.
She stood up and began to walk toward him, a grin across her face. “you know that we get to start a new civilization now, right?”
“What are you saying?” he looked off into the distance.
            “Well with the fact that it’s all over and we are some of the last ones left, it’s up to us to start everything all over.” She was getting closer to him.
            “umm, I don’t know what to say.” He was beginning to blush.
            They were face to face.
            “I love you.” She said with a proud look on her face.
            “What? Oh my god, I love you too!” he was starting to grin.
            She smacked him in the face. “Wake up!”
            “What?”
            “Wake up!” Smack. It was a man’s voice.
            She started to fade away, everything did. Then something started to come into focus. There were eight people standing around him. They all looked very interesting. One of them, the one that was talking, was wearing a long tight black jacket with a hood. He could not see the man’s face. There was a woman on the ground kneeling next to him, smacking him in the face.
            “Wake up!” said the man in the hood, and the woman smacked him again.
            “Where is she?” he said through weak lips.
            “Who?” Replied a child.           
            He laid there and tried to compose himself, no words came to mind. Suddenly he realized where he was, he remembered who he was. “I’m sorry, I had a crazy dream.” He said feeling relieved “What exactly happened?” As he lay there, he thought about everyone standing around him. He took a minute to refocus, remembering the names of the eight people.
            To his left still kneeling after smacking him, a woman with medium brown hair, she was pretty, but seemed to be angry; her name was Elise, and she was the Fate of art and beauty.
            The Fates consisted of ten people including himself. Together, they could control all aspects of human life. There was one missing though.
            Beside of Elise, in the black jacket was Raav. He had a deep powerful voice, from his accent everyone knew he was middle eastern, even though no one had ever seen his face. Raav was the Fate of Memories, and was the messenger of the Fates, he could look like anyone he wanted to.
            He looked clockwise around the ring of Fates and saw Seraphim, a human who had the power of suggestion. To Seraphim’s left was Grandfather, the child who could control time. There was Gerrard; the Gatekeeper, Karma; the Fate of Omens, Amaterasu; the Fate of Nature, and Ma’China; the Fate of War.
            Someone was saying something to him, but he still couldn’t get over the fact that someone was missing, and he couldn’t figure out who it was.
            Raav stepped forward. “Did you hear me?” he asked impatiently. “Can you remember your name?”    
            “I’m Miguel,” he said suddenly as it hit him. “I’m sorry everyone, lets continue with the meeting.”
            “You need to go lie down and let us take care of this.” Said Gerrard in a not-so-caring voice.
            “Let him make his own decisions.” Said Raav. “Can you stand up?”
            “Yeah, I’m good, you guys get back to it, I’ll be with you in a minute.” At that, everyone walked away to a large round table. Miguel started to stand up and he looked around the room, remembering the dark walls and low light. There was no indication as to where exactly in the world he was at the time. But he didn’t care, Miguel had three questions at this point: Where and who was the tenth Fate, and why did the woman in his dream seem so real?
            After he sat down, the meeting passed quite quickly. Most of it was over his head at this point. They were all talking about a dark era. Miguel kept trying to place himself in a time period. He interrupted only once.
            “What year is it?”
            “Twenty-Eleven,” Replied Amaterasu in a matter-of-fact tone. “Will That be it from you?”  
            As Miguel became silent he remembered hating Amaterasu, it seemed that no matter what happened, Amaterasu was always out to get him. But that wasn’t important, what was important was finding out why he knew the woman from his dream. He looked up and noticed that Karma was looking up at him. She was smiling at him with a sly smile. If she could control omens, even those seen by the fates, had she caused his dream?           
            “All will come with time.” She said, replying one of Raav’s questions. It was odd that it answered Miguel’s question too.
            The meeting was over. Everyone stood up and began walking toward the door Miguel stopped the child, Grandfather, as they crossed paths.
            “Where is the tenth fate?” Miguel asked in a whisper.
            “What happened to you back there? The tenth fate never shows up, you know that Fate is our leader and doesn’t need to even be here to know what is going on.” Replied the child.
            “I’m not quite sure, everything’s coming back quickly, I guess I’m still kind of dazed from it all.” Miguel lied.
            “Alright, well you should go back to your room and get some rest.” Grandfather said happily.
            At that, Grandfather ran off and disappeared into thin air. Miguel couldn’t remember anything from this world, the world of the Fates, but he remembered his entire life as if it were from the omen, from growing up, all the way to when the world ended in a flash of explosions, wars, and riots. Miguel remembered Elizabeth, the woman from the omen, and decided to find her.
            The next morning went by quickly, Miguel was avoiding everyone. He didn’t want to get any unwanted attention with his questions. He had decided on a plan to escape during the afternoon, while everyone was eating, or whatever the Fates all did at lunchtime. While dodging the glances of Raav, he realized something, the meeting last night was on how the world was going to end. This group he was involved in was called the fates for a reason, because they controlled the fate of everything.
            They decided to end the world.
            Raav must have noticed the change in Miguel’s expression. “Are you alright?” Raav asked in his deep eastern accent.
            “Yeah I’m fine,” Miguel paused to think “Can I ask you something?”
            “Sure.”
            “What do you think was the point of my dream?”
            “Well, I’m no Freud, but I think it was an omen from Karma.” Raav was beginning to become amused.
            “So you think it will all come true?”
            Raav began to laugh, “In some way or another, I’m sure. They always do.” He paused to examine Miguel for a moment. “before you run away today, I want you to know that you cannot come back afterward, and we will kill you if we find you.”
            “What? How did you know?” Miguel said, scared.
            “Wow, she must have used a strong omen on you,” Said Raav. “You forget that we all are linked. I, however like you, and will try and send them in the other direction.” There was a note of happiness in his voice.
            “Thank you Raav.”
            “You’re welcome, now you must get Gerrard’s key to the human world, and Grandfather will help you by slowing everyone else down.” He looked up, letting light shine on his face for the first time in front of Miguel, he was grinning. “Now go.”
             
 
 


© 2009 MirrorTree Productions


Author's Note

MirrorTree Productions
i'm sorry about the tiny borders. lol and i will be uploading some notes on the characters so you know who is who.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG that was great! I cant wait to read more!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 15, 2009


Author

MirrorTree Productions
MirrorTree Productions

Gastonia, NC



About
We are a small, web based video production company, dealing mostly with action, comedy, and drama movies. We would like to think that our scripts are strong and our characters are easy to identify wit.. more..

Writing